News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Panhard

Started by RamZCharger, January 02, 2017, 03:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamZCharger

Anyone running a Panhard Bar?  Is there an off-the-shelf kit for a b-body?  Thoughts on benefits?

Cheers, happy motoring in this new year,

Darren

c00nhunterjoe

Have them on the race cars but they are full tub,4 link cars. To my knowledge there is no bolt on kit for a leaf spring b body. They really are not designed for leaf cars. What are you trying to do?

RamZCharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 02, 2017, 08:25:46 AM
Have them on the race cars but they are full tub,4 link cars. To my knowledge there is no bolt on kit for a leaf spring b body. They really are not designed for leaf cars. What are you trying to do?

Just getting an education.  Overkill for how I drive, but so is the whole car  :2thumbs:.

HPP

There is no bolt in panhard bar kit for a mopar leaf spring suspension. You will have to fab one. If you do, I'd suggest making the mounts so you can adjust the bar up/down so you can alter the bite it produces.

If you do add one, you also need to change the front leaf spring bushings for pivot bushings to avoid binding and allow the springs to rotate some. 

The whole point of a panhard in a leaf sprung car is to add adjustability of roll center and to create a lateral location device. The race versions of the TA and AAR used panhard bars. In stock form, the leafs already do locating, but they cannot be easily adjusted for roll center. I'd only see the addition of a panhard as a benefit for a car that is  being road raced or autocrossed, and then you will have rule constraints to deal with in these types of mods.