News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Master Cylinder ?

Started by JMF, May 15, 2016, 06:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

I need a new master cylinder for my 70 Roadrunner with power discs on the front, drums on the rear, please could someone tell me which one I need to order as the one on Year One which says it's for my car but doesn't look like the one on there currently , pics below, thanks

Dino

You have a drum booster and master. At the least you'd need a different MC. The booster may work depending on the type of calipers you have.

I have a Raybestos disc/drum master new in the box with lines exiting on the fender side. I'm not going to use it. I could dig it up if you want.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

crj1968

Yeah you are in the same situation I was. Someone put discs on the front but left the drum/drum stuff everywhere else.

I just ordered a MC for 70 with discs.

Were your brakes working OK with what you have now?

JMF

Thanks , no the brake pedal is creeping down to the floor occasionally

oldcarnut

I'm having to replace the master cylinder for the 3rd time on my 70 RR.  Ordered a brand new one from advance and it has the ports on the fender side instead of engine.  The A1 cardone remans are leaking after sitting in the car unused for 6 months or longer for some reason.  Where else has anybody bought a new or reman without getting the leak issues.  I can get them replaced at Advance no questions but it a pain to keep exchanging out the car and worse the fluid is eating up the paint.