News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new ratty hoopty

Started by cbrestorations, December 22, 2016, 12:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

I was thinking I'll use this body for my ratty Daytona clone. Similar to "daisy but no flares. It's a 383 2bbl, r4 red with white top and white interior. Being a cool color combo I dunno now. Gonna dump it in charger storage for now lol

Kern Dog

I love these posts. Seeing these neglected cars is fun. Sometimes I like seeing the old beaters more than a nicely restored one.   :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 22, 2016, 02:16:16 AM
I love these posts. Seeing these neglected cars is fun. Sometimes I like seeing the old beaters more than a nicely restored one.   :2thumbs:

:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

Where do you find these neglected 2nd-gen bodies that are so solid in 2016? 

I know it's probably got some bondo, but . . the lower half of it is still there at all.

PrisonHack

cbrestorations

That's the pretty side lol...the other side looks like steel beam fell on the top of the quarter and the was attempted to be pounded out. Cowl is rusty, floor is gone, rear window channel rotted, trunk gone, roof was used as a trampoline and passenger door beat up. The power of picture angle lol.

Bob

You need your own TV show. I believe it would be a hit!!!!

qwick68

I can't wait for ratty daytona!
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

djcarguy

Did ya read Stevearino's SRT tona build? he used corners of stock rain gutter an stock trunk hinges,highly modified rear window opening an dutchman.
    alway great seeing an following Tona builds .Charger-Bodie had some 70 glass front fenders for sale?

:popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: DJ :cheers:

cbrestorations

I've already got 70 fenders, hood and Vega hatch. I'll make a sheet metal nose and wing

HPP

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 22, 2016, 09:28:19 AM
That's the pretty side lol...the other side looks like steel beam fell on the top of the quarter and the was attempted to be pounded out. Cowl is rusty, floor is gone, rear window channel rotted, trunk gone, roof was used as a trampoline and passenger door beat up. The power of picture angle lol.

And lighting and shading.

djcarguy

Any more pics an plans??  nascar weathered? drag car? Maybee old salt flat ride?  Happy holidays ,bored an looking for new info....       :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs:

6pkrtse

I Like it. I would slap it together and drive it as is.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

cbrestorations

Quote from: 6pkrtse on December 24, 2016, 11:31:44 AM
I Like it. I would slap it together and drive it as is.

ehh...i dunno about that one lol

marshallfry01

Looks pretty solid. Just beat to shit.  :lol: Both of my cars are rusty and beat to shit.  :brickwall:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

cbrestorations

entire floor is shot and torsion support missing in center, someone needed console brackets and just thought it easier to take the whole tunnel section with torsion support lol

marshallfry01

Damn. Lol sounds like the previous owners got a little carried away.  :slap:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Dino

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 22, 2016, 12:35:32 AM
It's a 383 2bbl, r4 red with white top and white interior.

Exactly like my previous 69 although I'm not sure about the drive train anymore. That one was rough, but not this rough. Never know though, a lot can happen in 6 years.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JR

Looks like the perfect candidate for one of the full frame conversions.

But, given CBs fabricating skills, I'm sure he can come up with something cool.

What is the plan, repair/replace the stock floors and frame? Stock or custom suspension?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

cbrestorations

the frame on this car is actually pretty decent, would be a shame to cut it up.
these cars on the other hand i have no problem cutting the entire lower section of the cars off, cuz they be junk, like returned to a mineral state on the lower half type junk!!! ive gotta go up and get them next spring, i worked out a deal on a few of them cheap. its impossible to get them out now. i wanna turn them into full frame roadrace looking cars. way more wicked looking than my current project. i thought it would be fun to try and do youtube videos or like episodes on building these things

cbrestorations

im stock pilling on the junk thats not worth restoring lol, but would make awesome ratty roadrace, nascar clones and drift cars. atleast their not getting crushed right lol...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

cbrestorations

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 24, 2016, 02:29:05 PM
How much was it?  :popcrn:

the blue 70 was 1500, but it had full interior and in ok shape. the car itself...JUNK. it was in an old warehouse full of cars. all about in the same shape. the warehouse had a overhead trolley type crane. we used the crane to pick the car up to move it over the rest of the cars and dropped it on the trailer. i didnt even think to get pics of it as i was helping pull it in the air. was cool to see.

Ryan.C

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 24, 2016, 02:13:47 PM
the frame on this car is actually pretty decent, would be a shame to cut it up.
these cars on the other hand i have no problem cutting the entire lower section of the cars off, cuz they be junk, like returned to a mineral state on the lower half type junk!!! ive gotta go up and get them next spring, i worked out a deal on a few of them cheap. its impossible to get them out now. i wanna turn them into full frame roadrace looking cars. way more wicked looking than my current project. i thought it would be fun to try and do youtube videos or like episodes on building these things

I would love to see you build these cars on a youtube channel.  :2thumbs:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

djcarguy

Quote from: JR on December 24, 2016, 01:42:55 PM
Looks like the perfect candidate for one of the full frame conversions.

But, given CBs fabricating skills, I'm sure he can come up with something cool.

What is the plan, repair/replace the stock floors and frame? Stock or custom suspension?

DO ya have a link an price on frame??   :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: