News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 B-body fender and nose attach hardware: Superbird

Started by hemi68charger, December 19, 2016, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello All,
I am in the process of restoring my '70 Superbird. I'd like to know if there's a source for a reproduction attach hardware kit for front fenders. The bolts, the lower studs and proper captive washers, spacers, etc. I want something with the proper bolt head stampings. I was going to weigh the options of this versus buying one of those nut-and-bolt tumblers to clean them all up. Obviously, with the restoration and fresh body panels, I want clean and proper hardware..

Thanks...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparnation74

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2016, 08:02:16 AM
Hello All,
I am in the process of restoring my '70 Superbird. I'd like to know if there's a source for a reproduction attach hardware kit for front fenders. The bolts, the lower studs and proper captive washers, spacers, etc. I want something with the proper bolt head stampings. I was going to weigh the options of this versus buying one of those nut-and-bolt tumblers to clean them all up. Obviously, with the restoration and fresh body panels, I want clean and proper hardware..

Thanks...
Troy
Troy,

If they are mostly in a black phosphate finish.  I have a guy in CA I send my original hardware too that is very reasonable and a quick turnaround.

PM me if you want his contact info....

Justin

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnation74 on December 19, 2016, 09:02:56 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 19, 2016, 08:02:16 AM
Hello All,

Thanks...
Troy
Troy,

If they are mostly in a black phosphate finish.  I have a guy in CA I send my original hardware too that is very reasonable and a quick turnaround.

PM me if you want his contact info....

Justin

Hey Justin..
I'm missing a bunch of the hardware...... Unfortunately...... Plus, I would like to get a proven fender fastener kit too......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

birdsandbees

Greg at Partsmix. I got a complete fender hardware kit for my '69 Bee from him.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

maxwellwedge

AB - Frank Badalson has some of that hardware as well. Zinc Phosphate was the original plating.
I always try and re-use as much original stuff as possible and have it re-plated.

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 19, 2016, 11:22:48 AM
AB - Frank Badalson has some of that hardware as well. Zinc Phosphate was the original plating.
I always try and re-use as much original stuff as possible and have it re-plated.

Cool... I'm assuming you're referring to the nose hardware...

The fender hardware will, obviously, be painted when the car is..... There, I just want fresh hardware so the small details are not hidden with layers of paint. I'm seeing that the nut/bolt tumblers do a pretty good job...

Troy

Thanks everyone for your input
Troy

69bfan

We are working to have kits available this summer for most of the major body assemblies.  These kits have been two years in the making and is requiring some of the components to be manufactured new again.  Items like the body shims, the J-nut in the lower right hand corner all are new pieces being manufactured to duplicate the original pieces.  You would think items like a 1/4 x 20 stud for the valance panels would be an easily find, but go search for one.  Just like the shims, nobody includes them in their kits and used ones are almost always pitted.  We have the individual components available for most of the major sub-assemblies. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com