News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chin Spoiler?

Started by G-man, December 26, 2016, 02:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hey,

I been looking through the web to find a 1970 Charger with a chin spoiler people usually put on a 1968 (like Mr Angry)...

I can't for the life of me find one.

Probably wouldn't look good on the 70, but...

Anyone know of a pic with that on a 1970 Charger?

AND Before someone does it... don't post the orange 1970 thats got some insane spoiler at the front.. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE IM TALKIN ABOUT  :eek2:

cbrestorations

i love old charger nascar pics

Mytur Binsdirti

JR

Here's mine. 69 Camaro spoiler. These things are great, you can buy them for around 30 bucks, they look like they were made for it, and they hide the front sway bar. And I think they really lend to a pro touring, or road racing vibe, if that's what youre going for.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

cdr

Quote from: JR on December 26, 2016, 07:04:59 AM
Here's mine. 69 Camaro spoiler. These things are great, you can buy them for around 30 bucks, they look like they were made for it, and they hide the front sway bar. And I think they really lend to a pro touring, or road racing vibe, if that's what youre going for.

the 68 bolts up the same but is deeper .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

G-man

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 26, 2016, 06:22:29 AM
Do it up!

:smilielol:... :slap:

Very nice Yellow Charger. So far I am not really taken by that look. Seems to suit the 68 a bit better simply because the 68 has a more 'rectangle' shape front (the wrap around bumper seems to make it slightly more rounded along the edges).

I am thinking on a Black charger though... might be different?

If anyone knows how to use photoshop, just put a chin spoiler on my avatar pic  :icon_smile_big:

I am essentially thinking the fast charger (pro-stock/street) type look WITH the added chin spoiler?

JR

Yeah we're definitely seeing two different visions for the spoiler.

I like to think of them as pro touring/Grand National/Trans Am series inspired.

On a quarter mile or pro street build (or F&F 1 build), they look out of place to me.

I think it'd look great though, on this (lower and sleeker) version of the F&F charger.

Dino

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love the Camaro spoiler. I have a thick sway bar that was way too visible. It's black now but I still wouldn't take it on the road without that spoiler!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cbrestorations

seems you have 3 choices...subtle camaro chin spoiler, vintage aluminum chin spoiler or full retard as i did lol

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger_Fan

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 27, 2016, 02:10:22 AM
seems you have 3 choices...subtle camaro chin spoiler, vintage aluminum chin spoiler or full retard as i did lol
Are you going to be able to make it out of the driveway with that spoiler? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cbrestorations

Quote from: Charger_Fan on December 27, 2016, 12:57:32 PM
Are you going to be able to make it out of the driveway with that spoiler? ;D

i have 50ft wooden planks, all good lol. naw thats at 2" race height on track, daily driving it will sit at 3.5" with the chin at 4.5". its 1" higher than the k frame

crj1968

Quote from: Dino on December 26, 2016, 10:52:11 PM
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love the Camaro spoiler. I have a thick sway bar that was way too visible. It's black now but I still wouldn't take it on the road without that spoiler!   :lol:

I think it looks really good.  Seriously.

Now all you need is an SS badge.   :icon_smile_big:

G-man

Is this car finished or what?

It looks half rusted but these days, people like to paint cars to look that way... so I'm asking before assuming.

Either way, the funny part is...

So far yours looks the best. Dunno why, maybe that spoiler with a half rusted looking vehicle and brand new wheels kinda 'works' well together.

Or I could be  :coocoo:

cbrestorations

no its not finished, but im not painting it. i like the ratty look, plus if i clip a wall on track all i gotta do is patch the damage and good to go again. :coolgleamA:

M5Ivan

As I always say, there's only one way to find out  :2thumbs:

It's a relatively low cost mod and it's completely reversible.

crj1968

Couldn't see this pic earlier at work. Car looks awesome.   :2thumbs:

JR

Just noticed how cbrestorations car looks like a hardcore version of the one from this old Direct Connection ad. Awesome.

6pkrtse

Anyone ever try a Ford spoiler like off of a Boss Nine? i was thinking of one of these for the front of my 70' Challenger.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

JR

Quote from: 6pkrtse on December 28, 2016, 03:25:51 PM
Anyone ever try a Ford spoiler like off of a Boss Nine? i was thinking of one of these for the front of my 70' Challenger.

Do you mean this one?

Or do you mean the Torino? This could be interesting to try also. The Torino is the same with as the Charger, this could be a nice, full width alternative.

WHITE AND RED 69

I've made a few that extend almost the full length of the valance. The next one I make will be out of aluminum.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JR

Those are awesome White and Red.

Did you section some Camaro spoilers to make those?

My current one is cracked, and needing replacement anyways, I may try that.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: JR on December 28, 2016, 05:21:28 PM
Those are awesome White and Red.

Did you section some Camaro spoilers to make those?

My current one is cracked, and needing replacement anyways, I may try that.

Thanks JR   :cheers:   Yeah once I broke the first one I salvaged pieces from it and added about 4" to each side. I've played with a couple designs and have been trying to see which looks the best.

I've also got a new one made out of steel that is about 2" longer on each side than the camaro spoiler but haven't fitted it on the car yet.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

RamZCharger

There is another option - Spoiler's by Randy.  It is similar to the Camaro version but 22 gauge steel.  It is a nice part.

http://www.spoilersbyrandy.com/Pages/6869Chargerspoiler.aspx