News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Query on QA1 LCA with Hotchkis UCA

Started by MartinTheHuman, November 28, 2016, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funknut

Quote from: MartinTheHuman on December 05, 2016, 12:45:28 AM

The bushing sleeves just won't come out of my stock LCAs. Unfortunately my uncle whom I'm building the car with, while being an absolute master mechanic with decades of experience with all things automotive from drag racing to street racing, can't weld a washer to the bushing sleeve due to his Parkinson's and I've had a grand total of 45 minutes welding experience in my entire life. Tried chisels like the manual says but that's a mess.

You can burn the rubber bushings out with a torch and the sleeves will come out.

MartinTheHuman

Quick update, luckily we're out in the back woods of Arkansas so we went to a neighbors house, he came over with a cutting chisel and we were sleeves out in 3 minutes.

The new Hotchkis torsion bars were a hoot. If I had to guess they're 1.1" or so, getting the rubber sleeves on them were representative of an elephant fornicating with a chihuahua, bars were huge and the sleeves tiny. Had to use some Bessy C-clamps to work them on the bars. Have no idea how they expect a normal Joe to get those on. But the bars are great.

~Martin

HPP

You drop em in boiling water for 15 seconds, then slid em on. Or hit them with a heat gun for 30 seconds.