News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter panels

Started by elks, November 30, 2016, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elks

Trying to fit a full quarter panel drivers side 69 Charger it is a bitch to line up.It is tight at top of door jam and a 1/4 gap at the bottom of jam.Can't get it tight at deck panel along sail panel.The amount of money they charge they should fit better.

hemi-hampton

Is the car sitting on it's wheels or Rotiserrie or jacked up on jack stands or what? LEON.

Mike DC

QuoteTrying to fit a full quarter panel drivers side 69 Charger it is a bitch to line up.It is tight at top of door jam and a 1/4 gap at the bottom of jam.Can't get it tight at deck panel along sail panel.The amount of money they charge they should fit better.

The tolerances were crap from the factory. The repro panels are crap compared to originals (no old tooling survived).  The car body has had 50 years to get itself out of alignment.  It all adds up. 

elks

68 charger freak

If the cars on stands
1.make sure the stands are positioned under the suspension
2. Make sure the stands are the same height from side to side
3. Make sure the floor is some what flat
4. Were the doors lined up to the original quarters before the quarters were cut off?
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

elks

Doors lined up stands are on axle by leaf springs i will move them thanks for the info.

CRW-FK5

Any pictures of the mis-fitting areas?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: elks on November 30, 2016, 04:36:53 PM
Trying to fit a full quarter panel drivers side 69 Charger it is a bitch to line up.It is tight at top of door jam and a 1/4 gap at the bottom of jam.Can't get it tight at deck panel along sail panel.The amount of money they charge they should fit better.

The quarter seam at the deck panel about 1/2 way down the deck filler has to be reworked cut/splice. Probably too tight there not letting it line up at the window corner. bottom wondow corners need to be reworked also to fit the rear window trim. The amd 1/4 to door gap and body line lined up very good on my 70. Both sides.

Get some pics before doing any cutting.

hemi-hampton

I almost always weld my 1/4's on while car is sitting on all 4 wheels & naturally on it's suspension if possible. If not Sub Frame connectors or a temporary bar running from both doors top across door opening on inside & one across the car from left to right on inside will greatly reduce body flex. LEON.

elks

Thanks for the info from everbody I got it to fit.

Kern Dog

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi-hampton