News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

O.k. we have a What year is your car... how about...What RIMS?

Started by Khyron, August 10, 2005, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 11, 2005, 07:01:46 AM
Didja find any centercaps yet?

Polishing works wonders on old slots... I had them on my 1st Charger way back in the stone age.     

I got Cragar S/S's now.     No need for pics.   The subject on sizes gets brought up all the time...   most people have the memory of a gnat when it comes to these things   :P

I didn't get the ceneter caps yet, i'm a lazy bastard. I have to go measure the ceneters and order them :doh:

But I think i'm going to pick up some of that mothers polish today. gotta install my new radiator tonight, so I might as well dink around with the rims a bit.

I have to get up to your house this weekend to get that hood and stuff. PM me your number again. i'll give you a call.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on August 11, 2005, 07:19:19 AM
I have to get up to your house this weekend to get that hood and stuff. PM me your number again. i'll give you a call.

I emailed ya instead  :laugh:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69hemi

15" H-Code Steelies painted F8 with NOS Dog Dish hubcaps.  This is one of the few things I changed when building my car.  The buildsheet called for the steelies but with whitewalls.  I just could not do that so I went with the F70-15 Coker redlines instead.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

MoparYoungGun

Khyron, I totally agree with the other members who suggested you get your mags polished. There is nothing better than a set of mags on a Charger except maybe, polished mags! Thats just my :Twocents: . Good luck :cheers: !

694spdRT

14" steel wheels with NOS W15 hubcaps and F70-14 Redlines on my '69.

The '68 has some 15" Keystone Classics on it.  
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ipstrategies

My 71 came with and has 14" ralleyes which I like. My parts Charger has 15" Keystone Classics which I really like, My question is can Keystone Classics be refinished?? would it be worth it. Everyone thinks they make the Charger look cooler but have surface rust on them and seem to be Steel with aluminun.

Thanks
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

THE COLONEL

I have 10 spoke American Racing Vector Wheels on "The Colonel".

The front has 15 x7, running 245/60's

The back has 15 x 8.5, also with 245/60's
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dd44068

rims are magnum 500 15x8    sizes front 265 60 15
                                                rear   275 60 15

plum500

...just placed the order today, gonna run 17x8 TT Originals /c 255/50/Z17s all around on my '71.

kab69440

Pre- Historic Appliance Turbovecs...

Thanks, Bryan!!!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

MoparMotel

15 X 8 Magnum 500's with 4 3/8 offset
1968 Dodge Charger

General Ryan

The GL has the typical 10 spoke vectors,
However, I plan on another 2nd Gen and I'm thinking of getting multiple wheel sets for my multiple personalities.

I really like on these cars;
the slotted/polished mags
Weld Telstars (fat out back w/skinnies up front
the orig. magnum 500s in chrome
Torq thrusts
& Crager S/S

6670charger

14" stock wheels with the stock spinner covers and 14" BF Goodrich TA's on my 66.  I may go to 15" Magnums at some point, or deviate from stock completely and go with either the slotted mags, or Torque-thrust D's.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Telvis

Since my car is still in pieces at the body shop I don't have pictures of the wheels. I have them neatly stored in my garage awaiting my car to return home. I have a set of Torque Thrust II 15" wheels and BF Goodrich T/A white letter tires. I think it will look good. Hopefully I will live long enough to see my car get done. At the rate it's going I will be on social security before he gets it painted. :rotz:

Khyron

O.k... yesterday while getting some radiator parts <see my other thread> I purchased some mothers aluminum rim polish, I'll give an update including Pics this weekend <when I find the time to clean them ;)>

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mass_Mopar

Quote from: plum500 on August 11, 2005, 01:24:34 PM
...just placed the order today, gonna run 17x8 TT Originals /c 255/50/Z17s all around on my '71.

I wanna see that combo...the 50 series should look great, what brand tire?
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

ChargerRob

Khyron, from the looks of the oxidation on your rims, your going to wear out your elbows doing just one rim. You need to look for a metal polishing place and have them done. I had my rims polished for $50.00 each. Believe me it was worth the money. I will post some before and after pictures hopefully this weekend. You wont believe your eyes when you see the difference.  :cheers:  Robert
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

plum500

Quote from: Mass_Mopar on August 12, 2005, 10:22:41 AM
Quote from: plum500 on August 11, 2005, 01:24:34 PM

I wanna see that combo...the 50 series should look great, what brand tire?

Cool...I'll post some pics when it's done....Went with the Fuzion ZRi... hoping for a nice happy medium between larger rim, and beefy look all around, keeping a decent amount of sidewall, fat spokes, fill up the wells etc... Hoping to have em' next week!

Skyview69

Quote from: 2fast4u on August 10, 2005, 10:37:19 PM
       :iagree: with Rob!!!        Polish the mags you've got and it will look 100% different!!!!      I swear!!!     My cousin had a set on a 72 Chevelle he had bought and it looked like....well lets just say black stock rims would have made the car look better!     He polished the slots to what robs look like and   WOW!!!     what a difference!

2fast
+

What did he use to polish them with?? I have the same rims on both my Chargers and Rob's rims look fantastic!

Khyron

Quote from: ChargerRob on August 12, 2005, 10:45:50 AM
Khyron, from the looks of the oxidation on your rims, your going to wear out your elbows doing just one rim.

I'll have the wife do it then ;)

seriously, I'll check into that. I'll play alittle first. I have a small electric buffer, i'll see if I can get some shine.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SeattleCharger

You might at least take the rim off the car, that helps a lot, if you weren't planning on doing that already.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Nupe

FINALLY got a wheel combo that I like.  15X7 cop wheels on the front with 245/60's and 15X9 widened cop wheels out back with 275/60's.

Some day I'll get the matching T/A's for the back.  Need to get my tranny situation figured out first (that is why it is sitting so high!  :-[)

Those slots look great!  I looked for months for a decent set of 15" slots, but couldn't find any matched sets around here....

Jeremy

'79 Lil'Red Express.

fearsjlwolf

what number trans you on? since 1980 I have put in 44 automatic 727's just keep stackin the low/reverse roller bearings cracking the cases .used b&m fairbanks,trans king ...etc usually lasts about 6 weeks then its time for new starter,trans ,rear tires... :icon_smile_wink:

Khyron

for those of you that said "get mothers" .... I have one thing to say to you...

GREAT STUFF!!!!!!

before, after.

1 set of terry cloths, 1 tooth brush, 30 min per rim, only got 2 done before the wife called me in. The pics don't show much of the difference unless you look close. but this stuff is great even after 1 application. I am going to remove the rims and buff the hell out of them now :thumbsup: thanks guys.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

side note.... wonder how good this will work on my new radiator ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.