News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stances: How's She Sittin?.. Attitude Adjustments

Started by Brock Samson, April 19, 2006, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Well we all have different ideas of how we want out chargers to sit, some low in front, high in back. Some Lowered,.. Some high and mighty,.. some sit that way cause the engine is missing,. what's your feelings on this pressing issue?..
Post your pics here...  :icon_smile_shy:

I got the jackrabbit thing goin on due to my S.S. springs....

Pics..
http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/stratospage.html

67_Dodge_Charger

That looks great.  I prefer the low in front and high in the back. :yesnod:  However I could go with the old style drag setup with the high front.

-Robert 

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Bandit72

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on April 19, 2006, 09:59:24 PM
That looks great.  I prefer the low in front and high in the back. :yesnod:  However I could go with the old style drag setup with the high front.

-Robert 

:iamwithstupid:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Brock Samson

this is 1970chargers' look which I like alot,

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL601/2765715/5544178/72078103.jpg

i suspect it's approx the same as 8 wheelers' who's got the red lowered '68 R/T.. this look says to me more G.T. then Super Stock...

mikepmcs

Quote from: Stratocharger on April 19, 2006, 09:50:49 PM
Well we all have different ideas of how we want out chargers to sit, some low in front, high in back. Some Lowered,.. Some high and mighty,.. some sit that way cause the engine is missing,. what's your feelings on this pressing issue?..
Post your pics here...  :icon_smile_shy:

I got the jackrabbit thing goin on due to my S.S. springs....

Pics..
http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/stratospage.html
That car is just right!! Don't change a thing. :METAL:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

THE CHARGER PUNK

Silver R/T

all around lowered looks nice on 2nd gens or raised rear
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MassCharger73

My preference is the Oly Charger stock car stance.
1973 Charger

472 R/T SE

I'm working on this right now as a matter of fact, gotta crank on the bars now as it's nose is high.

Doug's '70 has the stance I'm trying to copy again.   I t worked on the blue car.

Gotta watch this thread for more ideas. 

Brock Samson

i was hopin you guys and gals...   :icon_smile_wink: would post some pics of your cars and how they sit, as well as pics of your Favorite Chargers,.. or other b-bodys...

6pkrunner

The classic low/raised look. Best for musclecars - escpecially the long B bodys.

JimShine

My car is currently jacked up in the front. It wasn't choice, but I bought way too large a tire and needed clearance. I will be getting smaller ones soon and fixing the air shocks in the rear as well.

Johnny SixPack

I like the stance on my "70:

Better now with the new tires, and even better now that the frontend was lowered just a hair bit more.

Will get some pix once she returns.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

SeattleCharger

Did someone mention "Hign in front, low in back"?      Here is my front raised up '68.  heh   

The 440 is out of it right now,   does anyone know how much the front might lower and the rear raise when the motor goes back in?

I plan on putting taller and wider tiires on the rear and lowering the front extra, then put on a front air dam , some other site member has one on his Charger he said he got from a '69 Camaro, ya, it looks good, don't laugh.  heh.   Anyone know who's car that is I am talking about? got a pic?
Thanks, Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Khyron

I like high in back, low in front. I would post a pic of my charger.... however

*drumroll* she's in the shop getting a 3 inch flowmaster 40's exaust put on her. and the new springs will be on this weekend with the new 15inch rims in the back with some meat on the tires :D :D :D

:dance:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chris 69

Higher in the back, low in the front looks great!

Here's my '68.

Chris

terrible one

Alright, I have tried to photochop my Charger to give it the stance I am going for with it...higher in front, lower in back. I also put slots on it. Needless to say it turned out horrible. Here it is anyways  :-\:

Charger4404spd

I lowered the front of mine an inch or so. Wished it was a bit lower.

Mike DC

Could there be a Universal Formula ?

I think 9/10ths of the time it's the same heights that looks right on an old muscle car, no matter what kind of car and no matter what wheel/tire combo it has:  The center of the rear wheel is about even with the bottom edge of the rocker panel, and then the front end should be a small (but noticeable) amount lower than that.

(Is this your car, Charger-440-4spd?  I just surfed a pic out of the net randomly.)

Charger4404spd

mikepmcs

Quote from: terrible one on April 20, 2006, 04:46:04 PM
Alright, I have tried to photochop my Charger to give it the stance I am going for with it...higher in front, lower in back. I also put slots on it. Needless to say it turned out horrible. Here it is anyways  :-\:

actually that ain't so bad, has a nicce rake to it.  what's the problem.
GO WITH IT!!
:punkrocka:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chris G.

Mine has always sat a little high in the front. Most people like it, but I'm the real judge and jury. Maybe I'll finally lower it this year an inch or two. I will die before I add air shocks btw.

mikepmcs

Man that car is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :METAL: :METAL:

terrible one

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 20, 2006, 05:41:52 PM
Quote from: terrible one on April 20, 2006, 04:46:04 PM

actually that ain't so bad, has a nicce rake to it.  what's the problem.
GO WITH IT!!
:punkrocka:

Oh no problems, that's exactly how I want it to look wheel size, tire size, and stance wise. I meant that the image didn't come out well at all because I spent 20 minutes on it.

dkn1997

lowered in the front, original 40 year old springs in the rear, afraid to change them because I don't want to lose the stance!!!
RECHRGED

chardart440

bought the car like this and never touched it,what do you think?
                             DAVE

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 20, 2006, 05:35:06 PM

Could there be a Universal Formula ?

I think 9/10ths of the time it's the same heights that looks right on an old muscle car, no matter what kind of car and no matter what wheel/tire combo it has:  The center of the rear wheel is about even with the bottom edge of the rocker panel, and then the front end should be a small (but noticeable) amount lower than that.

My formula (hey, that's my name even! :D) is to make the window trim (where the cool people rest their arm) parallel with the ground.

Gives it a near perfect aggressive stance IMO.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

8WHEELER

I like my red car low, only time I have had any problems was the 24yrs I had headers on it. So every time
you came to a speed bump ''well you know the drill'' take it at an angle go slow and hope for the best. I have had
stock manifolds on it for 3yrs now no problems at all.
My other cars are kept at stock height.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Brock Samson

now im of the opinion that a down in front looks great when the front tire is looking slightly tucked up in the wheel well this also has the effect of making the tire look smaller of course of which it is. the rear should fill the whell well like a slick, with a good finger of room between the top of the tire and the stainless trim ring or wheel well lip.
the front end high look, looks like the car is carrying the fronts as in a good launch of a fast car...
so that at rest a look like Oranges Crushs' (my fav. of the high and mighty look) seems to be accelerating while sitting still. 
  thanks for your input guys. love the pics!

Brock Samson

this pic got me to thinkin I'd really like to see some others like it....

or in other words....
"Bump"

SnoPro440

Here is mine when it was with its previous owner in Colorado.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Brock Samson

yeah another dark blue charger...  :drool5:

i like the ass high - front down look myself....
superstock springs will do that though...