News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory wiper arms?

Started by Lennard, February 12, 2017, 02:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

These wiper arms were on my '68 Charger when I bought it more than 10 years ago.  I wonder if they are factory original or aftermarket? They do have trico stamped into them but most '68s I've seen have a wiper arms that slide into the wiper blade.

cdr

mine are not like the ones pictured, mine are straight & slide into the blade.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ODZKing

Quote from: cdr on February 12, 2017, 11:56:13 PM
mine are not like the ones pictured, mine are straight & slide into the blade.
:iagree:
They should be the same as my 67 and look like this. Usually they were Anco in those years.

PlainfieldCharger

Could the Trico blades have come on the Anco arms?

Lennard

So I can assume that mine are aftermarket wiper arms?

ODZKing

Parts book lists both so my guess is the factory used what ever they had on hand.

Lennard

Quote from: ODZKing on February 14, 2017, 10:17:01 AM
Parts book lists both so my guess is the factory used what ever they had on hand.
Is that the answer to my, or plainfield's question?

ODZKing

Quote from: Lennard on February 14, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

Is that the answer to my, or plain field's question?
Sorry, that was confusing. I was referring to blades. Both were used. 
However the arms are as stated earlier. All I have ever seen on 67s were Anco. While I believe that to be correct for 66, 67 and 68.
Also pictured below.

Lennard

Okay,  thanks for the replies guys.  :2thumbs: