News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass Daytona nose cone identification

Started by 70 sublime, December 03, 2016, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Well it seems the fellow that has the real fender scoops I have come across also has a nose cone for a Daytona
At this point I am going to guess it is fiberglass for what he is asking for it

Hopefully it is one of the good ones that are out there

I have read that Janak and Stinger are good ones and to stay away from Show Cars

Having never seen a fiberglass cone in person before how does one tell what is a good one ?
Do any makers of these parts stamp their names on the inside some place ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

djcarguy

look for mounting flange for head lite buckets an bottom of nose for the z-brackets to bolt too.

look at weight an edges an openings for even molding,around head lite door holes.  as dane posted before he has layed in more fiberglass inside to reinforce an build up mounting areas ..he stinger nose IIRCorrectly?

if under $500 your can save on shipping.cheapest is stinger was $650 few years ago plus $200  ta ship?

i have a bird nose from Don C1 up north i like it still modifing for my dartona..  good luck,few guys got used nose an glass wings for $500 but rare deals few an far between.   lattter DJ oregon?   :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs:

70 sublime

The fiberglass nose cone identification does not matter any more

Was just confirmed the parts are from a real Daytona  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Thought it was a little pricey for fiberglass but not so much now ;)

hemi68charger

I have seen Janak's and they are pretty heavy-duty... His are probably the best of the fiberglas...

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

birdsandbees

Port Hope eh... if you're not interested in the daytona nose or scoops send me a PM with the $$'s they're asking and I may jump in.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 03, 2016, 07:40:05 PM
Port Hope eh... if you're not interested in the daytona nose or scoops send me a PM with the $$'s they're asking and I may jump in.

No worries if they can be had they will be mine

djcarguy

Wasnt there Daytona parts stolen from a daytona at a body shop years ago ???  northern states or canada,few guys here know more info about it..............

if real nose ,what sell it to get $$ for more parts for your build ?/?   real nose worth big buck to guys with real daytona needing it..    any pics let us know. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  DJ   Donc1 has mold for tona nose.

djcarguy

ASK ,,,  maxwell wedge  ,,,  bout info,color of Daytona   parts were taken from??  ???  DJ    IIRC he knows  ???

XS29L9B2

Yes janak part s are a very good deal my nose is perfect for price
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 03, 2016, 09:03:05 PM
   Wasnt there Daytona parts stolen from a daytona at a body shop years ago ???  northern states or canada,few guys here know more info about it..............

if real nose ,what sell it to get $$ for more parts for your build ?/?   real nose worth big buck to guys with real daytona needing it..    any pics let us know. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  DJ   Donc1 has mold for tona nose.

:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Quote from: djcarguy on December 13, 2016, 08:14:47 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on December 03, 2016, 09:03:05 PM

:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

I hope to get my own eyes on it in the next few days
The waiting is the hard part as the winter driving weather is not helping either

djcarguy

70 sublime

It was all just a big con job
Lying cheat
Did not loose any money but wasted a lot of my time

Back to square one again looking for Vega hatch 

r4daytona

I know a guy that has a hatch, window and trim.  At least he did a year ago.  I am seeing him tomorrow and will ask his price.  I would have to remove it and ship it to you.  Anyway, I will at least check his price for you.

70 sublime

Quote from: r4daytona on February 22, 2017, 11:19:28 PM
I know a guy that has a hatch, window and trim.  At least he did a year ago.  I am seeing him tomorrow and will ask his price.  I would have to remove it and ship it to you.  Anyway, I will at least check his price for you.

Thanks

I am in Ontario Canada so shipping could hurt unless he is close