News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F6 HEMI Daytona XX29J9B409076

Started by tan top, November 27, 2016, 03:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

Quote from: Aero426 on December 08, 2016, 09:34:25 AM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on December 08, 2016, 01:45:11 AM

Radke added the woodgrain dash.  He also took out the clear glass and put in tinted.  Need to check on the right mirror and pedal dress up.   I'm pretty sure he added that too.   

Just paint it blue and add a red stripe and all would be right with the world.   Right? 
[/quote]
:2thumbs: Take it back to what it once was that made it iconic!

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 07, 2016, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on December 07, 2016, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 07, 2016, 10:05:10 AM
Shouldn't the shifter knob be of the chrome/68 style? Almost every C500 and Daytona I've ever seen had the chrome, not the standard-4-69 woodgrain..... Just askin'....

what about the woodgrain dash?

IF the car was coded A47 ( Special Edition ) package...

For whatever reason, Chrysler didn't allow the SE package on J-code (Hemi) Chargers in 1969.  I have no idea why.

I've also yet to see an original/unrestored C500 or Daytona with a woodgrain auto shift knob... but as Jim/maxwellwedge likes to say, "I haven't seen them all".

hemi68charger

This stance and look makes me wanna put my Daytona back to the steelies.  Or, get BART wheels to make me a set of Grand National style pre-71 steelies.... And paint them V2 like my car...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Homerr

Radke added the woodgrain dash.  He also took out the clear glass and put in tinted.  Need to check on the right mirror and pedal dress up.   I'm pretty sure he added that too.    

Just paint it blue and add a red stripe and all would be right with the world.   Right?  

It would even be 'correct', having the blue/red over green.   :2thumbs:

Or, heck, put a wrap on it in blue/red!

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

66FBCharger

Quote from: Homerr on December 08, 2016, 11:49:40 AM

Radke added the woodgrain dash.  He also took out the clear glass and put in tinted.  Need to check on the right mirror and pedal dress up.   I'm pretty sure he added that too.   

Just paint it blue and add a red stripe and all would be right with the world.   Right? 

It would even be 'correct', having the blue/red over green.   :2thumbs:

Or, heck, put a wrap on it in blue/red!
What a great idea! Put a wrap on it. I LOVED the car with the Blue and Red.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Beep Beep Dave

I think its kinda weird how he redid the car to be more of a driver than an all out resto. To me its a inbetweener. I think something had to be done with that solid Petty Blue it was painted, to us enthusiasts the Day 2 approach with the two tone blue and red would have been cool especially with the Daisy wheels. Either that or a complete ground up OEM Gold resto. Anyway I will be watching to see what the market says when it goes up for auction to see what it brings....or gets bid up to.

Have you guys seen this interview from MCACN 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HmCGfQ6hv0

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparnation74

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on January 11, 2017, 10:44:22 PM
I think its kinda weird how he redid the car to be more of a driver than an all out resto. To me its a inbetweener. I think something had to be done with that solid Petty Blue it was painted, to us enthusiasts the Day 2 approach with the two tone blue and red would have been cool especially with the Daisy wheels. Either that or a complete ground up OEM Gold resto. Anyway I will be watching to see what the market says when it goes up for auction to see what it brings....or gets bid up to.

Have you guys seen this interview from MCACN 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HmCGfQ6hv0

Dave   
I would think if he really wanted to keep it....it would have been a complete resto......That cars survivor status ended when it was painted back in the day.

Either it was the video but it seemed to be idling high.....when put in drive I got the feeling of ker..klunck.....

Aero426

Bidding closed at 750k, not meeting reserve.

6bblgt