News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone owners: Deck lid question

Started by Daytona313, November 26, 2016, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona313

Wondering what everyone did to finish off the underside of the cut shorter deck lid? For my deck lid I attached the front edge of a oldsmobile deck lid which has the same contour as a Daytona. Now I need to finish off the under side.

Daytona R/T SE

You'll need one of these trunk lid reinforcements, either a fiberglass one from Ted Janak (top)

Or a steel one from Gene Gregory (Bottom two)

I believe Mike at Dayclona makes a nice fiberglass one also. :Twocents:

I don't know what you've gotten yourself into with an Oldsmobile part on your trunk lid.

:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  weld up to stop any flexing add patch in with metal from the cut off under skin ,,or fiberglass it as its the under side.  progress is a great thing. read past post an great pics of rear window plug an nose progress. build for fun an enjoyment,not prefection an stress. DJ  :2thumbs:

odcics2

To some guys, perfection is the fun part.    :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Daytona313

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 26, 2016, 04:34:37 PM
You'll need one of these trunk lid reinforcements, either a fiberglass one from Ted Janak (top)

I don't know what you've gotten yourself into with an Oldsmobile part on your trunk lid.

Do you have contact info for Gene Gregory? Thanks!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Daytona313 on December 04, 2016, 05:21:29 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 26, 2016, 04:34:37 PM

Do you have contact info for Gene Gregory? Thanks!

618-488-7941

618-420-1901 (Cell)

;)