News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car wont start .

Started by 69bananabeast, April 19, 2006, 04:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

'75  440 .    Car wont crank over inside the car , but will crank from the the starter relay.  First thought the starter might have been hot or the gas might have been , but no dice .  Any one got any ideas wat I should do next ?  :shruggy:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Bandit72

my guess is neutral safety switch...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Plumcrazy

When you hold the key in the crank position see if you have power in the yellow wire at the starter relay.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

WINGMAN

Do you have power inside the car, dome light dashlights? If not can be the fuse link wire at the starter relay.  :icon_smile_cool:  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

69bananabeast

everything else has power , it just wont crank
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

mikepmcs

Quote from: Bandit72 on April 19, 2006, 05:34:20 PM
my guess is neutral safety switch...

laterĀ  :icon_smile_cool:

I agree, try this first cause it's the current that flows through this switch that goes to the starter relay/solenoid, which then allows the high current flow through the battery cables to the starter. same switch also controls your reverse lights i'd bet. are they working?.  maybe try to move your shift lever like say to neutral and see if it kicks over then.
here's a picture.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlackDodge

Connect a ground wire to the starter relay, where the neutral switch from the tranny plugs into.................turn the key.

BBD