News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

273 to 360 swap, expert advice needed

Started by hrspwr, August 10, 2005, 08:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrspwr

Whats needed to replace the 273 in my Satellite with a 360? I'm going to keep the original 904, but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the torque convertor will need new counterweights? And a different flex plate too IIRC. I know about the difference in the right motor mount, that little problem can be solved easily. What about the accessories on the front of the engine? Can i use the 273 timing cover and water pump? Thanks for you input!!

Politicians are like diapers. Both need to be changed frequently, for the same reason.

Plumcrazy

You can either buy a weight kit from Chrysler and weld the correct weights onto the converter or buy a new flex plate with the weights already on it.

I'm pretty sure you have to use the 360 timing cover and pump.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

I believe it is the left mount that is different
the mounts for the accessories will swap
& yes you need to weight the converter or flex plate to balance the 360

Khyron

B&M has a flex plate for the 360 thats already wieghted <I bought one for my 727 changeover>

It's designed for aftermarket torqe converters. Keep in mind you need to buy the correct one. they have one for a 727 trannie and one for a 904.

http://www.bmracing.com/media/catalog/4.pdf

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.