News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Summer of 1972 on Van Nuys Blvd

Started by Homerr, November 19, 2016, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

Imagine the fine bush the girls were sporting in those Jordache jeans!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 31, 2017, 04:19:17 AM
Imagine the fine bush the girls were sporting in those Jordache jeans!

Bushbelt  :2thumbs:

500Jon

Hi Odcics and all.

Not sure what the dollar to pound rate was in 1972 but I was on £2 a day as an engineering apprentice!
By 1978 I was on £20 a day, but still couldn't afford my first Plymouth till 1985!

Why is that you are thinking, same problem as 1972, American car INSURANCE was way too high...
Now I can insure my $50,000 Charger for $200 now I'm 60!

I can afford to insure it but Gas is $10 a gallon in the UK...
If its not one problem, its another lol... :smilielol:

Bought my first Dodge truck in Van Nuys, from the Spring Fling 2004, she was a beauty 72 D200 stepside!
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

alfaitalia

Not wanting to be that bloke but.....Don't know where in the UK you live 500Jon but move!...lol. It's about £1.20 a litre today in Sussex so that's about £5.45 per gallon which is just under $7 per UK gallon (which is of course bigger than the US gallon) at today's exchange rate (31.1.2017)... So converting to the US gallon (83.3% of a UK one) would be about $5.83 to buy a US gallon of fuel at UK prices....still expensive compared to what the Yanks pay...but far from 10 bucks a gallon. I thank you and good night!

It was close to $10 per UK gallon a couple of years ago though...that's what caused those fuel depot blockades by truckers.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!