News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Gap issues with rear quarter panel

Started by darkfiire5000, November 17, 2016, 11:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfiire5000

I have an issue with the driver's side door gap. The Driver's door will not close and does not line up with the rear quarter panel. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?? :brickwall:

BLK 68 R/T

Worn hinges?
Door not adjusted properly?
Bad body work?

Can be lots of things.

Lennard

I would start by checking for play on the door hinges. Most are worn out after almost 50 years.

68 charger freak

Yep make sure the hinge bolts are tight ,then with the door slightly open lift the rear of the door ,if it moves you need pins and bushings
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

darkfiire5000

Thanks that gives me an idea of what I need to look into :2thumbs:

superbirdtom

I ran into this issue on a 70 runner. not only the quarter gap the front fender would not fit correctly either. It was that the front right frame rail was pushed up slightly from a wreck years ago. it was something not easily noticed. a dead giveaway is the radiator support on the bottom right had a slight bend in it as the clue. I put it up on jackstands evenly then measured from rad support to the deck of frame rack and it was an inch up. further investigation revealed a partial rocker panel replacement so from bad to worse as the hinge pillar was slightly pushed up which made you have to fudge the door alignment.  You never know not knowing the history and things covered up with old crappy repairs. Im not saying this is the problem but if a factory door does not fit like it should further investigation could be required or youll go nuts trying to shim -bore out hinges etc which you should not have to do.  Good luck!