News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968-70 B Body 2 Dr HT door glass roller tracks pw vs crank

Started by VegasCharger, November 30, 2016, 05:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Hello I was wondering if there is a difference on the door glass roller tracks between a power window set-up vs a crank set-up. This is for 1968-70 B Body 2 hardtop cars.

I have a 68 pw set-up and have the roller track & bracket shown in the 1st pic below. But I've been told that the crank style door glass roller tracks are like the one in the 2nd & 3rd pics(this is one piece showing both sides).

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks  :cheers:

68 charger freak

Yes the top pic is the setup for power and the bottom pic is manual.
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

VegasCharger

68 charger freak, thanks  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

But strange because, although the regulators are different the actual roller arms of each type are similar. I wonder if added strength was added to the pw set-up was due to the torque of the motor vs manual crank??

68 charger freak

I don't think that any of the p.w Components were stronger then the manuals .but the p.w roller track is different because that set up requires an adjustable bump stop
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

VegasCharger

Quote from: 68 charger freak on December 01, 2016, 01:37:47 AM
I don't think that any of the p.w Components were stronger then the manuals .but the p.w roller track is different because that set up requires an adjustable bump stop

You're are right. Here's a reply I got over on Moparts.

The 1st pic is correct for power windows.The piece that bolts to the glass channel is for the down stop.It will rest on the down stop bumper when the window is all the way down.Manual windows don't need it because the stop is built into the regulator where the power set-up is not.