News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1978 D150 truck wheels on a 1968 Charger?

Started by Wasco, November 22, 2016, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wasco

Hello everyone!

My research seems to indicate '78 D150 truck steel wheels have the right bolt pattern (5x4.5) and the center hole is large enough, but what about back spacing?  Has anyone tried these wheels on a 2nd Gen Charger or is this common knowledge?  I think they are at least 15x7 but might be 15x8 - haven't seen them in person yet and they have tires mounted, so I can check the stamping on the rim.  Hoping to confirm they will work before making the drive to get them.

Thanks for your help!   :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Wasco on November 22, 2016, 12:25:56 PM
Hello everyone!

My research seems to indicate '78 D150 truck steel wheels have the right bolt pattern (5x4.5) and the center hole is large enough, but what about back spacing?  Has anyone tried these wheels on a 2nd Gen Charger or is this common knowledge?  I think they are at least 15x7 but might be 15x8 - haven't seen them in person yet and they have tires mounted, so I can check the stamping on the rim.  Hoping to confirm they will work before making the drive to get them.

Thanks for your help!   :2thumbs:

Most likely 15\8 . Will work fine.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Wasco

Thank you!  15x8 all around would look awesome - I want to be able to rotate them - hope it wont be too squirrelly to drive.  Thanks again

Kern Dog

My experience has been that most 2 wd 1/2 ton trucks had 15x6 wheels. The 4 wd versions from 1975-79 still had the same bolt pattern but the wheels had a HUGE center register hole. I recall one junkyard trick was to use Ramcharger/ Trail Duster wheels. Some of them were 15x8 but they are also heavy!