News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Sniper TB EFI finally out

Started by Midnight_Rider, November 04, 2016, 06:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight_Rider

Found a forum thread where someone replaced their FiTech unit. Fair warning: it's a Bow-Tie site... if that matters to you

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/928770-holley-sniper-install-review-replaced-fitech.html

Checked out Holley's website -- shiny finish can be added to cart, black ceramic still shows pre-order. Classic gold 'not available online'?

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/sniper_4bbl_tbi_kits/

Been waiting on this. Looks like they've got replacement tanks with in-tank pumps for a lot of applications too. Yes, they have 68-70 Charger & Road Runner tanks. No, they don't have 71-74 B body tanks... at least not that I could find.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_tanks/

Ryan.C

This looks like an affordable EFI plug and play system. With all the features it has I am seriously considering it for my build. I especially like the timing control and self tuning, very cool stuff. Thanks for posting the links  :2thumbs:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

68CoronetRT

Fitech has already been doing this for a while. I considered the Holley unit but at the time they kept delaying the release.

I ended up with Fitech and a Tanks Inc. tank/pump and couldn't be happier!

Just my .02

Edit: I see in the top link the guy dropped Fitech. That's too bad, but to each his own.

Edit Edit: This is also the guy that didnt know how to wire or plumb the Fitech correctly in an extensively long thread on the same site. No wonder he ditched the Fitech.

Ryan.C

Do you have your FITECH controlling your ign timing? If so how do you like it?

Midnight_Rider

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on November 05, 2016, 10:30:23 AM
Fitech has already been doing this for a while. I considered the Holley unit but at the time they kept delaying the release.

I ended up with Fitech and a Tanks Inc. tank/pump and couldn't be happier!

Just my .02

Edit: I see in the top link the guy dropped Fitech. That's too bad, but to each his own.

Edit Edit: This is also the guy that didnt know how to wire or plumb the Fitech correctly in an extensively long thread on the same site. No wonder he ditched the Fitech.

Which model/unit did you go with?

Seems like lot of the problems with the FiTech system that I saw people posting about online were due to the vent valve in the Fuel Command Center not operating properly, or the vent line being run improperly & then some issues with not getting a full 12V input to the unit in some cases. I believe they have updated the valve in the FCC's to correct that issue?

When I eventually get to build a motor for the RR I plan to use either the FiTech or the Sniper, it's nice to have some options at this point. The Holley had so many delays I was starting to think it was vaporware...

Midnight_Rider

Quote from: Ryan.C on November 05, 2016, 02:29:47 PM

This is one of the main reasons I was curious about the Holley system... wondering if it had more adjustability on the timing than the FT units?

Ryan.C

Quote from: Midnight_Rider on November 05, 2016, 02:57:34 PM

This is one of the main reasons I was curious about the Holley system... wondering if it had more adjustability on the timing than the FT units?

If I had to do it over again I would have went with a GEN III Hemi. With the prices of the engine managment systems coming down it is now just as affordable as building and upgrading a big block.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Ryan.C on November 05, 2016, 03:32:10 PM
Quote from: Midnight_Rider on November 05, 2016, 02:57:34 PM

If I had to do it over again I would have went with a GEN III Hemi. With the prices of the engine managment systems coming down it is now just as affordable as building and upgrading a big block.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Midnight_Rider on November 04, 2016, 06:31:19 PM
Found a forum thread where someone replaced their FiTech unit. Fair warning: it's a Bow-Tie site... if that matters to you

Typical Chevy puke, throttle-blipping a cold motor.  :down:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

John_Kunkel

As a satisfied FI Tech user, I closely watch any negative experience threads and that's what it usually comes down to....dumbasses who don't read the instructions or ignore them.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ryan.C

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 05, 2016, 05:36:32 PM

As a satisfied FI Tech user, I closely watch any negative experience threads and that's what it usually comes down to....dumbasses who don't read the instructions or ignore them.

Good to know, thanks for the feedback!  :2thumbs:

68CoronetRT

Timing control works great. You just set everything up and it does the curve for you. You can also adjust the curve points/rpm if you want.

And on the FCC, yes the vent line was the problem in the Chevy guys case. I personally went the Tanks Inc tank and intank pump so I cant comment on the FCC really. Fitech just works!

At the end of the day either system will get the job done. Honestly, the Holley unit will most likely have alot more tech support and firmware updates to fix problems sooner, just because of the size of the company. I'd rather support a small company. Conveniently they are just 25 mins up the freeway from me, so if I ever really had problems I could go to them direct.