News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

reproduction bumper jacks

Started by ht4spd307, November 04, 2016, 08:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

any word on the reproduction bumper jacks that were in the pipe line  :o

Lennard

I think it was Tony's parts that was undertaking this.

TONY

Yes they are still coming and progress is being made.
like most projects its taking longer then id like,

here are some pics, and obviously not with the charger bracket on the mechanism,
but just to give an idea

moparnation74

:2thumbs:

I will definitely get a base....

qwick68

Awesome, ill take one when there ready!
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

ht4spd307

hope there going to be realistically priced like the chevy jacks or like every thing else mopar are we going to get  :flame: Tony ?

TONY

hi,

i didnt know how much chevy jacks cost so i looked some up

classic industries:
55-56 chevy jack $365
67-70 camaro  + nova jacks, without jack hook + without tire iron/lug wrench (addtl $38 for wrench) $120
87-02 camaro or firebird, without tire iron/lug wrench (addtl $45 for wrench) $168

classic parts which sells chevy truck jack assemblies for $125

southeast chevy sells 57 chevy jacks for $380

tamraz sells camaro, nova  + chevelle jacks for $131 to $145 complete

i couldnt find any new impala jacks, or any new ford jacks

im gonna guess they arent making impala jacks because the numbers (quantities of vehicles) arent there to warrant it,
also, im betting that there is less of a call for the 55-6 chevy jacks then the camaros/nova/chevelles, hence the price difference

price is largely based on production quantity,
unfortunately mopars are at a numbers disadvantage so the prices of parts are higher because we have to make smaller runs, which in turn cost more because its less quantity of parts to spread the tooling cost over.

consider this almost 700,000 67-9 camaros were built (and the camaro jacks share alot with the novas and chevelles)
compared to 231,557 chargers built 68-70

unfortunately my jacks arent going to be as low as the lower priced chevy stuff,
but fortunately not as high as the 55-7 chevy jacks

its still a bit early for exact pricing but it looks like the 68-70 charger jack assys should list for $335 complete,
and the t-type jacks made for the hooks $195 w/o a hook and probably as a package with one of the new hooks we offer for $275

they will include the tire irons too,
will be brand new, painted and ready to install

thanks for your interest and hopefully understanding

Tony

Charger_Fan

Those jack pieces look great, nice work!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ht4spd307

hey tony great to see your taking the time to make these parts but your basing the price on rarity and not production cost.every time a part is produced for a mopar the numbers game seems to come into play but i pretty sure the Asian country these are made have a minimum of 500-1000 per order regardless of car type.this was disgust about  panels a while back and here in Australia they are reproducing panels  from Asia for our cars at a cheaper price than any mopar over there and the numbers produced are no way near .even to the so called low number mopar  here is the link for the discussion and you tube production.http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,123456.msg1558507.html#msg1558507   P.S Like i said its good your doing this and i understand your a business that wants to make money or you wouldn't be doing this but i think the price you suggested is a little high end just my  :Twocents:

Bronzedodge

Quote from: TONY on November 16, 2016, 12:11:37 PM
hi,
(snip)
unfortunately mopars are at a numbers disadvantage so the prices of parts are higher because we have to make smaller runs, which in turn cost more because its less quantity of parts to spread the tooling cost over.
(snip)
Tony

It's just manufacturing and tooling cost.  Tony said it well.  There's no getting around the production numbers.  That's why you don't see one year only stuff that was made in low numbers from the start.
Mopar forever!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ht4spd307 on November 16, 2016, 07:27:37 PM
 P.S Like i said its good your doing this and i understand your a business that wants to make money or you wouldn't be doing this but i think the price you suggested is a little high end just my  :Twocents:

Seems to me Tony takes on a lot of repro projects that most wouldn't even bother with due to the initial investment, limited market audience, and possibly small profit margin....

You might scoff at the price of reproduction parts on the market, but keep in mind that repro parts do eventually dry up, and you may find yourself going without....or end up paying a lot more later?

Lennard

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 16, 2016, 10:03:46 PM
 P.S Like i said its good your doing this and i understand your a business that wants to make money or you wouldn't be doing this but i think the price you suggested is a little high end just my  :Twocents:

Seems to me Tony takes on a lot of repro projects that most wouldn't even bother with due to the initial investment, limited market audience, and possibly small profit margin....

You might scoff at the price of reproduction parts on the market, but keep in mind that repro parts do eventually dry up, and you may find yourself going without....or end up paying a lot more later?
You can ask what you want for an item... that doesn't mean that someone is dumb enough to actually pay that price for it.
(I'm talking about that jack on ebay)

ECS

Quote from: TONY on November 16, 2016, 12:11:37 PM

consider this almost 700,000 67-9 camaros were built (and the camaro jacks share alot with the novas and chevelles)
compared to 231,557 chargers built 68-70

unfortunately my jacks arent going to be as low as the lower priced chevy stuff,

thanks for your interest and hopefully understanding

Tony

Those look great Tony.  I tried to explain the exact same thing you spelled out here in a different thread, because it is a real aspect of the equation.   For whatever the reason, it seems to fall on deaf ears for some.  I can tell by the parts you are having made that you understand the expense and difficulty of the die stamping process.  If you doubled the price they would still be considered a bargain.  Thanks for your efforts!

Dave
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

VegasCharger

$335.00 seems fair to me.  :2thumbs:

Easy for me to say due to me already having my original jack set in place.

Good work none-the-less.  :cheers:

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I think the price tony has on the jacks is very fair. Tony has stepped up the plate and invested in the tooling for so many hard to find parts. I doubt there is huge profit margins in these jacks or any of the parts he has developed. Thank you Tony for all you have done for the Mopar community!
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

moparnation74

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on November 17, 2016, 08:04:14 AM
I think the price tony has on the jacks is very fair. Tony has stepped up the plate and invested in the tooling for so many hard to find parts. I doubt there is huge profit margins in these jacks or any of the parts he has developed. Thank you Tony for all you have done for the Mopar community!

Completely agree!  What is great about Tony is his professionalism, customer service skills and high quality parts!  Keep it up Tony the "Hobbyists" support you! :2thumbs:

TONY

Thank you all for your interest and support!

Dave, thank you for chiming in, your understanding and support, that was nice of you!  :cheers:

Ht4spd307 I appreciate your input, but unless you've had stuff made I really don't believe that you have an understanding of how it all works, too much for me to type out here but if you call I'd be happy to discuss with you.  But in short I am not having 1000 or even 500 of each type jack made.  As crazy low as that may sound to you I do understand the Mopar market and what it will bear.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't have another run made, but sales would have to be steady enough to warrant it. I'll also bet that I'm not making anywhere near as much profit as you assume I am, but regardless you have no idea what the initial monetary investment is.  Just for example I have well over $200k in the 68-70 B-body vent window project. And it takes years to get a return on the investment.

Now on the flipside, when I made the thermostat housings, I had many of those made, why? Because they fit just about everything, are very inexpensive and when something is that low priced it's a no brainer for a customer to buy.

Like Dave had said in the thread he referenced about the business of reproducing parts, unless you've been there you really don't have an understanding of it

thanks
Tony

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Lennard on November 16, 2016, 11:09:05 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 16, 2016, 10:03:46 PM
 P.S Like i said its good your doing this and i understand your a business that wants to make money or you wouldn't be doing this but i think the price you suggested is a little high end just my  :Twocents:

You can ask what you want for an item... that doesn't mean that someone is dumb enough to actually pay that price for it.
(I'm talking about that jack on ebay)

You missed the point....

ECS

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 17, 2016, 09:33:41 PM
You missed the point....

So true!  Another point to consider is the time that is saved in having to repair/restore cosmetic flaws in an original unit.  I have not had ONE Factory Jack that did not require extensive work to repair rust pits or some other inclusions that occurred from years of abuse.  How much are those savings worth when paying someone to restore a vehicle?  These components take more time & labor than repairing dents in a Door or wet sanding a Body Panel.  The smaller pieces usually require extra time that is never truly appreciated until someone attempts to do that type of work.  The savings incurred from not having to pay to restore these Jacking items is worth the price that's being asked.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

odcics2

Quote from: moparnation74 on November 17, 2016, 09:18:05 AM
Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on November 17, 2016, 08:04:14 AM

Completely agree!  What is great about Tony is his professionalism, customer service skills and high quality parts!  Keep it up Tony the "Hobbyists" support you! :2thumbs:

Tony is a great guy. Period.   :cheers:

He won't jack you!    :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ht4spd307

i said i cant understand how a country like Australia with lower number of cars can produce a part cheaper than i country with a lot more demand  :shruggy:
no disrespect to tony as i said

qwick68

I love the vent windows, price was fair, install was easy, ill gladly take the repo jack when there ready! Thanks Tony!

ht4spd307

ht4spd307

Tony are you selling only complete units or components as well ?

TONY

we may offer the handles and bases separately

here are some more pics, they're getting closer

qwick68

Can't wait, finally get my trunk all detailed out

ht4spd307

what about  mechanisms as mine is pitted bad but replacing the whole unit would cost to much once shipping to Australia is added

TONY

no, im sorry the mechanisms wont be available seperately, they are the main part of the reproduction