News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sounds like washers

Started by tiki, October 18, 2016, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiki

just got the charger on the road and while going over bumps it sounds like a handfull of washers in the front end (maybe in the wheel area)  i checked double checked wtf?  :flame:

shorty442

...loose or missing sway bar bracket bolts?

lukedukem

Loose center cap. Do your rims have center caps.
Does it keep doing it if you hit the brakes. My jeep had a rattle and when I hit the brakes it went away.
Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

tiki

new sway bar and center caps are good thinking maybe inner wheel bearings :flame:

Mytur Binsdirti

Welcome to the world of nearly 50 year old Dodges.

ITSA426

Bronzedodge

I found my caliper bracket loose when I developed a rattle a few weeks ago.  My fault - had done a mad thrash changing a lower control arm bushing right before Carlisle.   ::)   It had a metallic rattle sound.  Only about 1 turn loose. 
Mopar forever!

tiki

always something to do thanks for the input ill keep searching... :popcrn:

A12 Superbee

Pebbles inside the centre caps.  ;)

I did this to a mate once, had him scratching his head for days! :flame:
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

crj1968

Grease cap fell off rattling around in center cap? That was my noise....could hear it when driving past a fence or wall

Kern Dog

Quote from: A12 Superbee on October 19, 2016, 12:02:33 AM
Pebbles inside the centre caps.  ;)

I did this to a mate once, had him scratching his head for days! :flame:

I've done the "rock in a hubcap trick too. Funny stuff.
Also switched positions of the spark plug wires.    :rofl:

alfaitalia

Not noise related but drawing a pencil line around the inside of my mates Ford distributor had him scratching his head for a while!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: crj1968 on October 19, 2016, 12:25:13 PM
Grease cap fell off rattling around in center cap? That was my noise....could hear it when driving past a fence or wall
I also had aftermarket grease cap that came off and was making noise similar to your description.

tiki

i will check the torque specs 52 ft lbs on the strut rod,it feels like the wheel bounces while going over bumps in the road :flame:

Wingnut426

Lower shock bolts loose or upper shock hardware loose or missing? :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

72Charger72

I remember some old timer Union guys telling me when they would get peeved they would weld cans of marbles and crap inside frames etc .... :smilielol: :smilielol:

crj1968

Quote from: 72Charger72 on November 02, 2016, 02:03:13 PM
I remember some old timer Union guys telling me when they would get peeved they would weld cans of marbles and crap inside frames etc .... :smilielol: :smilielol:

I know a guy that had a washer swinging from a string inside his door.