News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I can't believe the thought crossed my mind......UPDATE! (I'm keepin it!)

Started by Lightning, April 18, 2006, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

I can't believe the thought of selling my Chrysler has been on my mind lately...

part of me says to keep it and turn it into a rally car (not finacially friendly)

the other part of me says to sell it to the junkyard (they're the only ones that will take it now) and save up for a Charger when I move to Hickory sometime next year...

the bad thing is, the "sell it!" part of my brain is starting to win.

any thoughts?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

red72chrgr

Please refresh my failing memory, why are you selling it?
Nothing personal, just business

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Lightning

a '77 LeBaron, a car that nobody wants and has almost zero aftermarket.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Can you sell the front disc brakes off it?  what body is that anyways.?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TheGhost

Sell it, buy some $500 dollar Honda or Geo or something, and save up money for your Charger.  Or save for college, so you can get a good job, and have enough money to buy a better conditioned Charger.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

694spdRT

Personally, I think you are on the right path. You will be better off not sinking a bunch of money into building that car up like you had been thinking.

I would use the car for the basic transportation it was built and when it is used up, let it go. Since you are thinking of sending it to the boneyard are there some issues with it right now?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Silver R/T

ya good decision, sell it buy something else
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RT/SE

If you really want a Charger.....then let it go.  There will always be cars for sale.  There is no sense sinking money into the car if its not what you really want.  Take the money you get and any money you would have dumped into it and put it aside.  Keep adding to the fund with the ultimate goal of finding the best Charger for your money. Good Luck!!!   

twilt

What happened to putting  a Hemi and a 4 speed in the Lebaron? 

Steve P.

This is your daily driver, right??  Is something wrong with it? Why dump it?
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lightning

well, y'all seen the pump prices lately?

for the DD I'm looking at a compact pickup (I definately wanna keep the RWD aspect)

Steve P.

If you are looking for GAS savings and can get a Toyota dirt cheep, then yes. Otherwise you had better figure out what you are going to pay for ANOTHER vehicle. Didn't you just finish paying off this one??  Just keep your foot out of it and drive what you own..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lightning

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lightning

well, a customer I delivered to is getting me the price on one of the trucks in his yard, so I'll know more later this week.

I know I'm gonna miss the V8 though...

Brock Samson

MassCharger73

1973 Charger

Lightning

well, I just purchased a new vehicle to replace my chrysler for daily driving (and pizza delivery) duties: a '88 Toyota pickup with a 4-speed.

after driving the column-shift auto for so long, it feels good to bang gears in the 'Yota.  So this has definately solidified my decision to put a 4-speed in the Chrysler.  my engine choice has switched back to trying to put at least a 383 in it, although if I can find a 440 that would be even better.   Once I start tearing it down (suspension and drivetrain-wise) I'll start posting pics.

has anybody had any dealings with www.themopardude.com?

EDIT: I scored the pickup for $700, and it runs great!

Steve P.

Wait, now you're looking for a big block and 4-speed for the SAME CAR you were going to JUNK LAST WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap:  Now that you have the Toyletta, sell the old pepperoni wagon and put the money away for a (B) or an (E) body. Maybe an (A) body... You'll just lose the Lebaron in the next hurricane anyway......... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

greenpigs

Why bother?

Sell the car and save the money. ANY money you put in it will be a waste unless you plan on pulling the parts off before selling\crushing it.
  All the work will be custom and it will be a learning experience but what will you be left with?

A 77 le-barn 4 speed 383 :image_294343:

How about a truck..with a 383 or 440\ 4 speed?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free