News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

All i need to know for Cragars on a 73??

Started by Kramersdodge, September 22, 2016, 12:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramersdodge

I am planning on bumping up to 15" Cragar SS direct bolt wheels for my '73 Charger. I have had issues figuring out what size tire I can fit because of the limited backspacing. I really don't want to have to custom order, since that doubles the cost per wheel. Available is 15x7 with 4" BS and 15x8 with 4.25" BS.

Anyone have wheels similar in size to these? Any idea of the largest tire I can slap on these without clearance or rubbing issues? I have read a member here, 68RT4me had same size wheels but the BS was 4.25 and 4.50, respectively. I amd WAY too paranoid to order my wheels until I know what im getting myself into!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

RallyeMike

I used to run 15x8.5 centerlines with a 4-7/8 backspace with 275/60/15 and it was a perfectly centered fit in the wheel well with no rubbing. I think your set up will be fine.

If you really are paranoid, get a level, straight edge, and measuring tape, take the wheel off and measure for yourself! Just remember that a 15x8 wheel is actually about 9 inches wide. Account for the sidewall bulge by checking specs from Tirerack.com
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

flyinlow

I had Craggars SS unilug, on my 73 for several years and 30K. miles . No problems except the pain of unilugs. Look good. Not close to rubbing,

245/60-15 BFG's on 7x15 front
275/60-15 BFGs  on 8x15 rear
Back spacing was what ever Jegs sells that is about in the center of the wheel. I should have written it down , what you mentioned sounds about right. I still have them, if you live in central Ohio drive over and try them on.

Extra Info:

245/40-18 on 8x18 front
275/40-18 on 9.5x18 rear

fit with no problem too,