News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird headlight door paint color?

Started by superbird6bbl, October 05, 2016, 01:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbird6bbl

What color are the headlight doors suppose to be under the nose decals?  PJ
Superbird6bbl, 69 Q5 SIX PACK Bee and 2011 Challenger SRT8 IE

Aero426

Krylon semi flat black will work.    Don't forget that the edges of the nose cone around the headlight door opening need to be black as well.    Otherwise, body color will show.    A common mistake.  

thehemikid

...or it'll be like "ring around the collar". :icon_smile_big:

superbird6bbl

Krylon semi flat black will work.    Don't forget that the edges of the nose cone around the headlight door opening need to be black as well.    Otherwise, body color will show.    A common mistake.  

Thank you. When the car was painted years ago, they painted them white. I will have that corrected.  PJ

superbird6bbl

...or it'll be like "ring around the collar". :icon_smile_big:

Thank you.  PJ

Dave Kanofsky

Also, be VERY careful how you mask off the areas to be painted black.  The nose decals are very thin and will show the paint edge underneath if not blended smoothly, and you have precious little room to do that around the outside of the headlight opening on the nose.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 06, 2016, 08:06:56 AM
Also, be VERY careful how you mask off the areas to be painted black.  The nose decals are very thin and will show the paint edge underneath if not blended smoothly, and you have precious little room to do that around the outside of the headlight opening on the nose.

That's correct.   When I did mine, I did not place a hard tape line.    I put the tape a little farther away and peeled it half way back.    You could probably use door jamb foam tape too.   

superbird6bbl

be VERY careful how you mask off the areas to be painted black.  The nose decals are very thin and will show the paint edge underneath if not blended smoothly, and you have precious little room to do that around the outside of the headlight opening on the nose.

Thank you Dave.  PJ

superbird6bbl

That's correct.   When I did mine, I did not place a hard tape line.    I put the tape a little farther away and peeled it half way back.    You could probably use door jamb foam tape too.   

Thank you sir.