News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2017 Dodge Charger Lane Departure Warning System - Video

Started by mark0006, October 05, 2016, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

So what happens you want to intentionally cross a lane divider to pass or simply change lanes? Sounds like a PITA to me.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

draftingmonkey

^ According to the video the system is disabled while the turn signals are in use, such as when passing or changing lanes, or there is a switch to turn the system off if desired.

charge69

My wife's 2016 auto has this feature and draftingmonkey's reply is correct.   When it is on, if you do not use your turn signals to exit or change lanes, the system sends gentle vibrations thru the steering wheel and steers (again, gently) the auto back to the correct lane.  This is not a Chrysler product but, works, generally, the same way except the camera the system uses is in the back-rear looking down at your position in the lane.
If you use your turn signals to change lanes or exit, you do not even notice the feature.

Mike DC

QuoteIf you use your turn signals to change lanes or exit, you do not even notice the feature.

Well, there goes any chance of this feature being well-received.

On the other hand it avoids the PITA of having to be fully awake & sober just to drive somewhere.  People will love that.  

Brass

As an aside, does anyone know what color that car is?

charge69

Well if they do not like this, there IS an on/off button !   I have always tried to use my turn signals when changing lanes or exiting the freeway but I realize I am definitely in the minority these days.  There have still been times when the car would catch me not using a turn signal but, not so much now. In my other vehicles that do not have this feature, I am pretty good now at remembering to use the turn signals.  Yeah, I know I am in a small minority using them but ...............

Lighthorseman

Quote from: charge69 on October 05, 2016, 01:19:33 PMIf you use your turn signals to change lanes or exit, you do not even notice the feature.

...What if I'm 80 years old and drive everywhere with my left turn signal on?

Quote from: Brass on October 05, 2016, 05:41:11 PMAs an aside, does anyone know what colour that car is?

Looks pretty close to the first-generation Durango's "Chili Pepper".  Love that colour.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 05, 2016, 03:52:54 PM

QuoteIf you use your turn signals to change lanes or exit, you do not even notice the feature.

Well, there goes any chance of this feature being well-received.

Yeah, no cars within a quarter-mile in either direction and I ain't gonna flip on my turn signal to change a lane.

charge69

John, there IS an OFF button on every system I have seen so, no problem.

You might think about this:  Every state I know of, changing lanes or exiting without using your turn signals is a moving violation. Not saying it will happen but it would give the police a reason to pull you over and have a little chat.  A few months ago a Texas DPS Trooper pulled over a lady in Prairie View for exactly that!  She got a little mouthy and he lost his cool and she ended up committing suicide 3 days later in the Prairie View Jail under arrest for some BS resisting arrest charge!

Extreme ... admittedly but, it DID happen and it all started because she changed lanes without signaling!

Doesn't hurt anything to signal a turn or lane change!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: charge69 on October 07, 2016, 01:34:30 PM
Every state I know of, changing lanes or exiting without using your turn signals is a moving violation.

And the most ignored, second possibly to cell phone use....at least in the PRK it is.

charge69

Agreed!  They only use it around here to pull over someone they suspect of "other" violations !   

I wish the police would get a LOT tougher on cell phone use, both calling and text!  I see it all the time around here!

UH60L

My '69 has that...  it's called my wife yelling "hey wake up!!!"   :o

Our new car (not a sedan...) has lots of bells and whistles... but I usually go to that car's specific forum to talk about them...   :Twocents: