News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Member here with GL008

Started by 1batt4u, September 20, 2016, 12:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1batt4u

Hi all,

My name is Billy and I am the new owner of GL008 that Tyler in Vermont owned. Bought it end of July. Finally bought a Charger. Missed out on few over the years.

Little about me, I have owned three Trans Ams, two 3rd Gen., 1983 and 1989 GTA, and a 2000 Trans Am. Currently own a DeLorean which I am restoring. On a bunch of other forums, 3rd Gen forums, 4th Gen, Knight Rider forums, DeLorean forums, so I know a few guys here!

First thing, I had to paint rear tail light panel Satin black. Could not have it orange, did not look right.

Tyler did a great job of putting the car together. I wanna do more work on it, change suspension, brakes, complete wiring, interior, dash, power windows. Maybe change engine in the future.

Is there some kind of parts book or CD, that show how everything is put together, all parts, what size bolt bolt and length to use on each part??

If you guys can really help out a new member here.

Thank you!!

johnnycharger

Looks like a fun one! Welcome to the site. The guys here are great and they are very helpful.   :2thumbs:

lukedukem

does it run? i would drive it like it is. very cool car   :2thumbs:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

72Charger72

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1batt4u

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

1batt4u

Quote from: lukedukem on September 20, 2016, 08:17:50 AM
does it run? i would drive it like it is. very cool car   :2thumbs:

Luke

Its been sitting in garage. I am ready to drive it just need to biy seat belts for it.

It was running when I got ot but not starting now. The previous owner, Tyler had the car sitting in a garage for some time. I believe he mentioned he changed to oil.
Other than that I'm sure it needs a tune up, new battery.

This is my first carb car, so I don't knowprocedures in maintaining it to run proper. Maybe that's reason its not starting?

Dino

Welcome!

Lemme know when you get tired of the Delorean and need Charger fund money.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1batt4u

Quote from: Dino on September 20, 2016, 11:46:01 AM
Welcome!

Lemme know when you get tired of the Delorean and need Charger fund money.   :icon_smile_big:

I'm getting tired of working on DeLorean lol. Barely drove it. Drove it  very little few years back when I got it. Doing a complete restoration on it. Almost finished.

How much u looking to spend on one?

Dino

Quote from: 1batt4u on September 20, 2016, 12:27:08 PM
Welcome!

I'm getting tired of working on DeLorean lol. Barely drove it. Drove it  very little few years back when I got it. Doing a complete restoration on it. Almost finished.

That'll depend on what the going rate is when I'm ready to buy. I don't have room for it, nor the time to work on one until I'm done with grad school in '18. I plan on stuffing a V8 in there and a do a few small mods but I'd want it to look pretty stock.

I had the opportunity to buy one in '10 for $9K. It had sat for a while and hadn't been started in years so it needed some tlc but it was a nice car. I wanted another Charger more though so that's what I got. DMC prices were around 20K for a decent driver back then with 35 buying you a really nice one. They have gone up a bit I see but that's how it goes. Got pics of yours?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1batt4u

Quote from: Dino on September 20, 2016, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: 1batt4u on September 20, 2016, 12:27:08 PM
Welcome!

That'll depend on what the going rate is when I'm ready to buy. I don't have room for it, nor the time to work on one until I'm done with grad school in '18. I plan on stuffing a V8 in there and a do a few small mods but I'd want it to look pretty stock.

I had the opportunity to buy one in '10 for $9K. It had sat for a while and hadn't been started in years so it needed some tlc but it was a nice car. I wanted another Charger more though so that's what I got. DMC prices were around 20K for a decent driver back then with 35 buying you a really nice one. They have gone up a bit I see but that's how it goes. Got pics of yours?

I just a pics somewhere when I first got it. Now car is apart. Hopefully it will be together really soon.

1batt4u

Are there any facebook pages for Chargers, mainly for building and question on parts?

cdr

Quote from: 1batt4u on September 20, 2016, 02:07:24 PM
Are there any facebook pages for Chargers, mainly for building and question on parts?

lots of stuff on FB, But this site here will help more than anything !!!!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mike DC

No Facebook how-to restoration page even holds a candle compared to this place.