News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

kijiji/craigslists trades ???

Started by charger_fan_4ever, September 19, 2016, 08:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Has anyone ever successfully made a trade on there ??? (car/truck)  ?

Like in all my ads i always state NO TRADES. It seems to actually attract more trade offers. Never once have i ever been offered something of similar value that id even consider trading. Usually someone hoping to pawn off a POS for a gem on some poor soul.

My brother tried with a 60 coupe deville ~16k value and all the crap he was offered was worth maybe half.

6spd68

You'll find a lot of people will in fact try and trade you a regular car, and like NO MONEY, for something cool.  I.E. a 2500$ truck and 2 grand for a car you want 8 for.  I find those people can be the most annoying as they wont just give up with a simple no.  It's like; "Why would I give you my classic/collector/cool car up for your 01 Accord with 300K on it?!?  No I don't want your daily driver that you've become sick of!"

That being said, I also offered my T-bird and fair cash offers on a bunch of cars a while back.  Never ended up making a deal, but got a lot of friendly replies.  In fairness I would go above with mine.  I wanted 8500$ for the car, but would trade value it at 6.  So if their car was 12K, I'd e-mail right off the hop with "My car + 6000$."  I think the highest offer I made anyone was my car + 10K for a 69 Firebird vert, listed at 16.  I also never pushed my car on people like it was an amazing deal.  Just simply throw out the offer, and let them decide.  In the end, I got what I wanted for the T-bird, and spent the cash on parts for the Charger :)

I've seen examples of decent trades though.  A friend of mine traded his built fox body Mustang, for one of those 80's Lotus turbo-4 cars.  Another buddy of mine also traded his Cutlass track car for a hardcore Harley.  So there are potentially good trades out there, it's just the matter of swimming through the sea of Kijijitards, and Craigslist Kings...  :brickwall:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

charger_fan_4ever

Ive noticed as of late harleys seem to be the new trade offer. My brother has gotten like 5 harley offers, just a few days ago i was offered a harley for my fox body. I didn't respond as i mean its right in the ad in caps no trades. Then a week later same moron offers an 08 bmw 3XX ?

6spd68

lol, see that's the kind of trade I'm talking about...  WHY would you want to trade a fox body for an entry level, everyday BMer?  Especially after you were no dice to his Harley offer?  You're right though, bikes and boats seem to be the heavily traded item.

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 6spd68 on September 19, 2016, 08:42:02 AM
lol, see that's the kind of trade I'm talking about...  WHY would you want to trade a fox body for an entry level, everyday BMer?  Especially after you were no dice to his Harley offer?  You're right though, bikes and boats seem to be the heavily traded item.

Needless to say im surprised that i have had an original paint HCI 91 notch for sale for 4 mo0nths and nobody even showed up to see it. Mind you I almost prefer this then having retards show up to offer half asking price after they went for a test drive.

6spd68

They can be finicky I find.  My 87 Turbo Coupe was on Kijiji for about a year before I moved it.  Eventually just had to put "First person with 7500$ cash takes it".  The problem with cars like this, are that people still think they're 5K ceiling cars.  You have to find the right person that actually wants a fox body.

In Ontario, our emissions cut off is 1987, which makes it harder to sell an 88-93 fox, as there goes emissions once you start going heavy with your mods(carb, and such).  You'd think it would sell if your car is fuelly, and mostly stock though.  Try the "First person with X cash" method, it might just get someone to bite.  :2thumbs:
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 6spd68 on September 19, 2016, 08:57:30 AM
They can be finicky I find.  My 87 Turbo Coupe was on Kijiji for about a year before I moved it.  Eventually just had to put "First person with 7500$ cash takes it".  The problem with cars like this, are that people still think they're 5K ceiling cars.  You have to find the right person that actually wants a fox body.

In Ontario, our emissions cut off is 1987, which makes it harder to sell an 88-93 fox, as there goes emissions once you start going heavy with your mods(carb, and such).  You'd think it would sell if your car is fuelly, and mostly stock though.  Try the "First person with X cash" method, it might just get someone to bite.  :2thumbs:

Good tactic i will try this. I have the oem HCI stored in the garage. Considering putting it back on this winter along with the a/c set up. Id just hate to be stuck with stock power if it didnt sell lol. Yup its still efi and only other not original item is a cobra R hood. Rest is stock down to the spare tire jack,carboard with sticker insulation in the trunk divider a9l sticker ect.