News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

amount of craigslist trollers

Started by cbrestorations, September 14, 2016, 10:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I'm amazed anytime someone makes a reasonable offer.

My car isn't for sale, but I can't remember the last time someone made a legitimate offer that wasn't insulting.

Just this past Monday, a co-worker offered me 13k.  ::)

I've noticed the majority of people who aren't experienced in the value of classic or enthusiasts cars place their own preconceptions of value in front of the actual market value.

If the market is continually paying "X" amount for an item, than that's what the item is worth. No matter how overpriced the dreamers think it is.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

crj1968

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 15, 2016, 07:07:49 AM
What color was the parakeet? I need an EW1 NOS with the Dana beak option. Will trade a really clean 74 Duster that is in perfect shape except for frame rails, trunk pans and quarters.
:icon_smile_big:

Quote from: JRI've noticed the majority of people who aren't experienced in the value of classic or enthusiasts cars place their own preconceptions of value in front of the actual market value.

Most definitely. My co-worker told me yesterday he saw a cool car that said CUDA on the license plate. So I pull up some pics and said like this or this?
He says- just like that one. (an AAR) I tell him that's a pretty rare car and expensive and he responds, like what $10 grand?  Some people just don't know...he also thought a Cuda was a GM product so there was that also.

Then I showed him pictures and articles of Hemi and Six Pack cars selling for $250K and up from there....and he was totally at a loss for words. 

cbrestorations

Quote from: crj1968 on September 15, 2016, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: taxspeaker on September 15, 2016, 07:07:49 AM
What color was the parakeet? I need an EW1 NOS with the Dana beak option. Will trade a really clean 74 Duster that is in perfect shape except for frame rails, trunk pans and quarters.
:icon_smile_big:

Quote from: JRI've noticed the majority of people who aren't experienced in the value of classic or enthusiasts cars place their own preconceptions of value in front of the actual market value.

Most definitely. My co-worker told me yesterday he saw a cool car that said CUDA on the license plate. So I pull up some pics and said like this or this?
He says- just like that one. (an AAR) I tell him that's a pretty rare car and expensive and he responds, like what $10 grand?  Some people just don't know...he also thought a Cuda was a GM product so there was that also.

Then I showed him pictures and articles of Hemi and Six Pack cars selling for $250K and up from there....and he was totally at a loss for words. 

ive done the same thing...there reply is "i could of bought a few of those for under 1500 a piece but no one wanted them" but then i ask them how many decades ago that was...lol

Homerr

Quote from: JR on September 15, 2016, 09:48:12 AM
I'm amazed anytime someone makes a reasonable offer.

My car isn't for sale, but I can't remember the last time someone made a legitimate offer that wasn't insulting.

Just this past Monday, a co-worker offered me 13k.  ::)

I've noticed the majority of people who aren't experienced in the value of classic or enthusiasts cars place their own preconceptions of value in front of the actual market value.

If the market is continually paying "X" amount for an item, than that's what the item is worth. No matter how overpriced the dreamers think it is.

I think a nice way to approach this sort of offer would be to ask them to go look up the value on Hagerty and then come talk to you if they are still interested.  They get a reality check from an independent site.

1969 R/T SE

Really man that's just a jack@$$ move, making me wast my time insted of working on looking for real deals :icon_smile_angry:b  :flame: :brickwall:

1969 R/T SE

And FYI some of us have to flip cars to support our mopar addiction, you might as well join the ranks of being an official @$$. I should know, me and my dad have to do this so we can afford to keep some of the good cars. And some of us aren't owners of massive corporations so we can have the rare winged and hemi cars.

bull

Seems like messing with people on craigslist is a really odd pastime for some people. I frequently run across car ads that have obviously been reported and taken down several times as the seller mentions it with a frustrated tone. No reason for it that I can tell other than to irritate people. Personally I've been searching for a car for our daughter over the last couple weeks (Neons mostly) and last Friday I put out two emails and two texts in replies to four ads. My only reply from all four of them was "U serious?" in a single text. I'm trying to give these people money and they can't even reply to a text/email.

ws23rt

Cragslist has gained a reputation that is just another part of the fallout in the market.
They got big as THE quick easy go to place.---It is running it's course---
Buyers and sellers both will live and learn from it.
Ebay is another example of a selling place that has changed a lot. :slap: