News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked '68 Charger on Copart

Started by 694spdRT, April 17, 2006, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

Quote from: 694spdRT on April 18, 2006, 09:57:10 PM
Quote from: John G on April 18, 2006, 08:46:53 PM
It would be great if someone could get the vin #. A record could be kept as to the remaining number of these cars as there were only 74 383 2bbl 4 speed made. I guess the 4 speed was pulled as it looks like a automatic is in there.

Where did you see it was a 4 speed car? It looks like an automatic brake pedal to me.

looks like an even more automatic shifter to me....

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

THE COLONEL

Was that the Charger a few months ago that was hit by a truck?  There were pictures of the car being hauled in a trialer when some other truck hit the trailer.  If my memory serves me right the Charger was on the way to the new owner when the accident happened. 
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

mikepmcs

Quote from: THE COLONEL on April 19, 2006, 08:26:56 PM
Was that the Charger a few months ago that was hit by a truck?  There were pictures of the car being hauled in a trialer when some other truck hit the trailer.  If my memory serves me right the Charger was on the way to the new owner when the accident happened. 

Colonel,
that's is one sweet ride.  you runnin' 15x8.5's in the back?  What you got for a tire on the rear of that beauty. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

THE COLONEL

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 19, 2006, 08:30:43 PM

Colonel,
that's is one sweet ride.  you runnin' 15x8.5's in the back?  What you got for a tire on the rear of that beauty. :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the compliment.  They are 15x8.5's.  I'm running 245/60's all the way around.  I have 15x7 on the front. ;)

mikepmcs

Sweet, i got 245/60 all the way too, i just wanted to make sure that tire would fit on the 2 15x8.5 vectors i just ordered today.  need to get rid of those adapters in the back.  you know what i'm talking about!! :METAL:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

THE COLONEL

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 19, 2006, 08:55:36 PM
Sweet, i got 245/60 all the way too, i just wanted to make sure that tire would fit on the 2 15x8.5 vectors i just ordered today.  need to get rid of those adapters in the back.  you know what i'm talking about!! :METAL:

Are they the new Vectors?  I take it the two wheels you're getting are for the rear, because the NEW 15x8.5's  will not fit on the front of your Charger without spacers, so either get spacers or stick with the 15x7's on the front. ;)

mikepmcs

yes sir, just the rear, i'm happy with the front at 15x7.
thanks for the info though, i didn't know that.  you :punkrocka:

Jon Smith

wasn't that a 70?

694spdRT

I can't remember if it was a '69 or '70 that was on that trailer but, it wasn't a '68.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Khyron

my heart just damn near stopped. That looked like derailed's charger. :o

but then I just saw it yesterday with a new headliner. So it's not.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Jon Smith on April 20, 2006, 07:58:30 AM

wasn't that a 70?
Yes it was. :'(

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2598&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=trailer

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

hey, you can use the....

ummm, maybe you can salvage the....

but the... ummm...

how about reusing the....

poor girl :cry:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikepmcs

does that say charger 500 on the tail panel.   :bawling:

694spdRT

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 20, 2006, 04:30:47 PM
does that say charger 500 on the tail panel.   :bawling:

Yes it is a 500. Although a '70 500 is nice property and it is a shame any Charger gets wrecked they are basically a standard Charger. The '69 500's are much more rare.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

mikepmcs

Phew, then i won't cry too bad cause my first car was a 1970 Charger 500, 23 years ago, who am i kiddin' i'm still cryin' :bawling: :bawling:

ChargerAndy

If that baby still has the jack its totally worth the $1250.00  :yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:   It's sad to see one wrecked, but I guess the value of mine just went up a couple bucks ???  :P  :'(

mikepmcs

I need those reverse light lenses, anybody got one?
I just got a reverse light(junk on ebay, lens was cracked at the top) but i thought the lens would work...NOT!  It's a roadrunner lens i think, it has an r in the part number where mine has a c, i'm guessing here.  does anyone need a driver lens and housing(my charger lens with a crack and the housing), i'll give it to you just give me an address.

Mike DC