News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1,2 U-joint Question: Tabs that connect U-joint to pinion yoke

Started by XH29N0G, September 05, 2016, 06:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Yesterday, I disassembled the rear U-joint at the pinion yoke to remove the driveshaft.  After disassembly, I noticed that the two tabs (with 3/8 bolts) that hold the U-joint assembly into the yoke had numbers stamped on them (one was stamped "1", and the other "2").  I did not see any corresponding stamps on the yoke and have not been able to see any clear difference between the tabs.  My impression is that it will not make much of a difference if I switched them.  I am writing to see if it matters and if there is a way to identify which one goes on which side.  Thanks for any help.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

cdr

The straps that hold the ujoint to the yoke ?  They are the same.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Quote from: cdr on September 05, 2016, 09:47:59 AM
The straps that hold the ujoint to the yoke ?  They are the same.

Thanks, yes the straps (one is stamped with a "1" and the other with a "2") but they look the same that is what I thought. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....