News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock auto shifter and buddy seat?

Started by comet_666, September 06, 2016, 10:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Can you put in a stock automatic shifter and still keep the "buddy seat" ?
I know there is a bracket that needs to be welded in for the stock shifter.
If not anyone have recommendations for a auto shifter that is not cable operated?

Troy

The floor mounted automatic would have come with the console. Otherwise it was column shifted. So, no, the factory floor mounted shifter would not have been available with a buddy seat. You could install one and then create your own way to cover it up. Yes, there's a bracket.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BSB67

I have a stock automatic shifter with the buddy seat.  But, it is on the steering column.  Personally, I prefer them on the column.

But, I suspect that you mean:.. stock auto shifter on the floor.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

I thought about removing my console and keeping the shifter while adding a buddy seat. Since the armrest will always be down I thought about finding a busted console and cutting it so that it meets the buddy seat. I kinda want to keep the console lights.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Ha! Did you know you asked this almost two years ago to the day?   :icon_smile_big:

W&Rs first picture has your solution.  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=113140.0
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

My first Charger was a column auto with a buddy seat.  I later changed it to a floor shift with a Hurst aftermarket shifter ( I think it was called an "AUTOSTICK") and a huge boot.  It did ok but I lost the gear position indicator in the process.  I kept it for years with no problems but it did not look stock.  My girlfriend, at the time liked to shift the car (had a manual valve body), it was real easy to go from her leg to the shifter and back  :D