News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RM23U0A175691 Auctions America Superbird goes on the block tomorrow

Started by Galevin, September 02, 2016, 08:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: Aero426 on September 06, 2016, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on September 06, 2016, 12:43:59 AM
Quote from: Galevin on September 05, 2016, 12:40:00 PM
I was in second place at $135k. The winner was determined to own this car.
I knew it was hit in the front left. Didn't know the entire side was wrecked.
Happy I did not buy this car. The low mi was over shadowed by the entire side being damaged and repaired.
I would have been into this car for $148k and with the previous damage now totally disclosed I'm happy I passed.
At Auctions America, they do not allow "matching numbers" to be associated with any sale car to avoid sale disputes. And this car had NO documentation at the sale. I'm sure there's another bird out there for me.
Gerald
That is a bummer the paperwork didn't come with it.  I might have copies of it.  The car was sold for a few hundred bucks after the wreck.   A good friend knows the cars history well.  Little late now though.

Did that car involve a fatality?   Or am I thinking of something else?
No death or injury.  The guy made a bet that he could hit 100mph by a certain turn and the bet was on.   He slid off the road and wiped out the side.  I don't know if he won or lost the bet.  But he lost something bigger. His car.  It wasn't really that bad IIRC.  Just banged up the entire side of the car.  I don't think it got the nose.   I don't know why is was never fixed till some 30 years after the crash.  It came with all the parts to fix it.   
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.