News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do I have a problem?

Started by FJ5WING, August 26, 2016, 08:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

So Im trying to stay busy while still waiting for the engine to get buttoned up and I find Im stuck with the front brake hoses.
My calipers are on the back side of the wheel and I havent seen another picture like it. Most I stumble across the calipers hang off the front. I dont have any pics from the disassembly (dont ask!)
does anyone have anything to offerWhy would my calipers be in the wrong location?

wingless now, but still around.

Lennard

Looks to me that you mounted the left side spindle on the right side and vise versa.

70Sbird

I believe Lennard is probably correct, you have the sides swapped. I don't think the placement (front or rear) of the caliper is a functional issues but you wont be able to get your brake hoses on correctly with them swapped like that.....ask me how I know.....

Scott Faulkner

moparnation74

Removed...Good info below...didnt know there was a variation between 69-70 :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Don't go by the pic in the link....that is a 69....totally different. Attached is a pic off my Bird.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lennard on August 26, 2016, 08:53:28 AM
Looks to me that you mounted the left side spindle on the right side and vise versa.
I don't know about that. That would mean that his tie rods would now be in front of the spindles, if he were to swap sides. I think they are mounted correctly.
In the photos, I can see the tab on the frame that the rubber brake line will clip into...very near the caliper. Looks to me that you're good to go! :2thumbs:

*EDIT* Forget what I said, I'm forgetting that the tie rod bracket bolts to the spindle...so yeah, the spindles are reversed.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FJ5WING

Thanks everyone!

hopefully all that nice new stuff comes part easy enough, At least theres no rust to fight! RIGHT! :brickwall:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 26, 2016, 11:12:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

hopefully all that nice new stuff comes part easy enough, At least theres no rust to fight! RIGHT! :brickwall:

When you swap the spindles so that the calipers are now in the front, confirm you have the correct caliper brackets L/R mounted on the corresponding L/R spindle , and once installed the the bleeder screw on the caliper is at the top/highest point mounted for proper bleeding

FJ5WING

Thanks Mike!
How can I identify the caliper brackets?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 27, 2016, 03:17:51 AM
Thanks Mike!

Stock you'll have the 10.95 caliper brackets, while they are not always marked with a designation L/R, sometimes they are, sometimes only the R or L is present on one piece to designate L (drivers) or R (passenger), some are part/cast numbered, cast pn# 86189 is a passenger piece, and cast pn# 86170 is a drivers side, 80425 is also a drivers side, the mate to a 80425 generally has just an R, no cast pn#

FJ5WING

FJ5WING

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 27, 2016, 08:38:50 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on August 27, 2016, 03:17:51 AM
Thanks Mike!

Stock you'll have the 10.95 caliper brackets, while they are not always marked with a designation L/R, sometimes they are, sometimes only the R or L is present on one piece to designate L (drivers) or R (passenger), some are part/cast numbered, cast pn# 86189 is a passenger piece, and cast pn# 86170 is a drivers side, 80425 is also a drivers side, the mate to a 80425 generally has just an R, no cast pn#

I dont have any of those numbers???
On my caliper brackets I have 83525 on one and what looks to be 80034?? On the other.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!