News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update from 1970 Charger

Started by tommyhr, August 09, 2016, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

Quote from: crj1968 on August 09, 2016, 02:03:09 PM
Quote from: Homerr on August 09, 2016, 02:01:28 PM

I would not trust this car as a daily driver. 

Why do say that?   :shruggy:

I mean on day 1 of ownership.  It looks like it might need a couple months to get sorted out.  That's just my spidey-sense talking.

dual fours

Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 01:49:56 PM
Do you think this will present any issues for back up lights, how do I know if there are locations for them to be installed?

Would you State Inspection require, because it's a registered 1970 to need backup/reverse lights?
Backup/reverse lights allows the DH that's following to close behind you know that you want to backup. :slap:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

crj1968

Quote from: Homerr on August 09, 2016, 04:01:08 PM
Quote from: crj1968 on August 09, 2016, 02:03:09 PM
Quote from: Homerr on August 09, 2016, 02:01:28 PM

I would not trust this car as a daily driver. 

Why do say that?   :shruggy:

I mean on day 1 of ownership.  It looks like it might need a couple months to get sorted out.  That's just my spidey-sense talking.

Ah yes- agreed.

crj1968

Quote from: dual fours on August 09, 2016, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 01:49:56 PM
Do you think this will present any issues for back up lights, how do I know if there are locations for them to be installed?

Would you State Inspection require, because it's a registered 1970 to need backup/reverse lights?
Backup/reverse lights let the DH behind you know that you want to backup. :slap:

They definitely don't look at any stuff like that where I am.
If staying in state they don't even look at the car period, just paper transfer and pay your taxes, of course.
Out of state they will check title to dash vin and that's it.

keepat

Interesting custom door handles?  And there's no steering wheel?
Pat

crj1968

Quote from: keepat on August 09, 2016, 04:31:36 PM
  And there's no steering wheel?
Pat

Ah maybe that's why Homerr wouldn't use it as a daily driver.  :scratchchin:    :icon_smile_big:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: cbrestorations on August 09, 2016, 02:20:44 PM
its a little confusing when you edit the initial comment to update the thread. it makes all the comments under that not make sense. just update ur thread with a new comment

Yeah, That's what I said, now nobody knows what I was talking about, his original comment said his 70 charger came from the factory with 68 parts :shruggy:

Dino

Not something I'd want to buy but if the price is right and you like working on cars...

Any interior shots?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Why is it up on jack stands on just one side ??
Is there something wrong with the torsion bar on the passenger side ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi-hampton

I'd make it all 70 again. get rid of those mis matched 68 & other parts. Do you got a pic of fender tag or do you even have a fender tag? LEON.

nvrbdn

Back up light location on a 70 charger.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tommyhr

The steering wheel comes out and it has a steering lock on it, one wheel refuses to hold air and was going to try and be sealed, just a matter if timing.

70 sublime

So have you bought this car ?
Think you were just asking about it to start with

tommyhr

It was left for me just trying to figure the car out

tommyhr

My relative has had this sitting in a garage for 5 years now and is busy restoring a corvette, he offered it up and I took it, he didn't want a dime for it but I gave him about 5000. It came with at least 5000 dollars worth of new parts. I am going to post pictures of all the new stuff that came with it to try and sort it all out and figure out what to do.

70 sublime

Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 08:17:39 PM
My relative has had this sitting in a garage for 5 years now and is busy restoring a corvette, he offered it up and I took it, he didn't want a dime for it but I gave him about 5000. It came with at least 5000 dollars worth of new parts. I am going to post pictures of all the new stuff that came with it to try and sort it all out and figure out what to do.

Can not go wrong on a deal like that  :2thumbs:

What part of the world do you call home ?

crj1968

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 09, 2016, 05:57:40 PM
I'd make it all 70 again. get rid of those mis matched 68 & other parts. Do you got a pic of fender tag or do you even have a fender tag? LEON.

It'd be pretty dang expensive to make it all 70 again. Fenders alone are nearly unobtanium

tommyhr

I live in the US are there people from all around the world on here? More specifically in Maryland just out side the border of Washington DC. I have no plans currently to make it all a 70 again maybe down the road but I happen to like the unoriginal originality of it (and think it looks quite nice as well). The car was made in Michigan and lived out most of its life in California until my relative bought it and had it shipped to Massachusetts when he gave it to me and I hauled it down here.

hemi-hampton

If it lived in California most it's life does it have the California N95 option on Fender tag :shruggy:

dual fours

Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 10:22:23 PM
I live in the US are there people from all around the world on here? More specifically in Maryland just out side the border of Washington DC. I have no plans currently to make it all a 70 again maybe down the road but I happen to like the unoriginal originality of it (and think it looks quite nice as well). The car was made in Michigan and lived out most of its life in California until my relative bought it and had it shipped to Massachusetts when he gave it to me and I hauled it down here.
We are everywhere. Made in Michigan? For a 70 it would have been made in St. Louis (Fenton), Missouri.

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

tommyhr

Yeah it was Missouri, that's what the Vin said when I checked it. Not sure why I said Michigan

hemi-hampton

You keep avoiding my fender tag questions, why is that? LEON.

70 sublime

Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 10:22:23 PM

If you click on a posters name most times they list their location and you can see where they are from (I am in Canada  :2thumbs: )
You did not list yours in your profile is why I asked

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 10, 2016, 02:06:38 AM
You keep avoiding my fender tag questions, why is that? LEON.

Leon is correct. If you have the fender tag I can tell you exactly what the car is and if it was an SE or not.
Send me a picture of the fender tag.
DodgeDon@1970chargerregistry.com
http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/