News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Host family wanted,to learn English!

Started by cavemanno1, April 21, 2016, 03:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

I know this will sound crazy but what the hell.
So here it is!

My wife is finishing her master degree in finance and in order to get her degree she needs an advance level of English language.Since we both love the States i thought why not taking classes there so I just throw this out here to see if anyone might be interested accomodating us.Would be like 7-8 weeks i guess next year around April-May.
Looked at accomodations but everything is way too expensive for us so that's why i'm writing this here.Plus living with a native speaker would force her to use English all the time.Obviously i'd pay rent(but not 2k like everywhere i saw)and help out around the house or if there is a shop,but that's just a minor detail.Would like to work in a restoration shop but i guess that's a long shot.

I kinda wanna make this an adventure and if i heard this from someone i'd do it just for the hell of it.I know this is crazy and a 8 weeks a long time but you don't get if you don't ask,right?

Location isn't important as long as it's not 30miles from anywhere but can't be too picky i guess.
We have been trying to immigrate to the States for 4 years but no luck yet,so this way we could kinda live out there.

So if anyone is up for it and wanna discusse it any further get in touch with me,please.I'm not expecting much interest but hope someone might think it's something different and interesting!
We have a 3 year old son and i'd try to get him into nursery there if it's possible or just stay with him all day and have fun!
My wife has been very supportive with my charger project so i try to show my appreciation this way.

Thanks for your time reading this!

Peter

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Where I am from, an average house rents for about $3k-$3,500/mo. Basement "apartments" @ $1,100-$1,400.  BUT THIS IS A BIG CITY, so......... And lots of education / schooling around.  Good luck with your search

redgum78

I can't help with 8 weeks in USA but if you are ever travelling through Australia I could put you up for a few nights.

Good luck with your search.

66FBCharger

Wow! That sounds like a great and innovative idea. Unfortunately, my house is too small, but if I had a larger house, I would have considered it.
Good Luck!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

bull

Maybe. I will talk to my family about it. We are in the Portland, Oregon metro area.

skip68

It's not crazy at all Peter.  👍
Hopefully somebody here will accommodate you. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!