News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 charger gull wing installation help!

Started by 400sforever, July 29, 2016, 09:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400sforever

Anybody have any pictures or measurements of putting on a gull wing on a 3rd gen charger trunk lid? I've got the stencils for the holes to cutout under the trunk lid but nothing for drilling or aligning the spoiler studs through the top side of the trunk lid.
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

bee1971

1971 SuperBee

My Bee is a Factory A45 Code Front and Rear Spoilers on Broadcast sheet and Fender Tags

Obviously the 1971 rear deck lids come from the factory with the spoiler provisions cutout underneath minus the holes on the topside

Took some measurements for you Topside Pedestals

This will gave you the layouts for the pedestals

Center to Center is 36"

Back edge of rear pedestal to back edge of trunk lid is 7 3/4" on both

If you take the center back/rear of pedestal, remember center rear , and measure to both left and right side of deck lid edge
11 3/4"

Then you would have the 36" in between
11 3/4" - 36" -  11 3/4" Rear Back Edge Of Pedestals = Width of trunk lid at rear edge of pedestals 59 1/2"

Remember I did not remove the rear spoiler and actually measure the holes themselves

Front edge of deck lid to front center edge of pedestal 21 5/8"

21 5/8" to front of pedestal - Pedestals are 4 1/8" bottom - Then 7 3/4" to rear edge of trunk lid

If you can remove the long studs from pedestals that go thru the trunk lid , this will give you the exact layout of the bottom of pedestals on the topside of trunk lid and maybe trace around bottom edge of pedestals on topside with a marker , 1971 Dodge Charger SuperBee

Then of course there is a pair of factory rubber gaskets that fit under the pedestals before attaching to deck lid
I measured from edge of pedestals, not from the edge of the gaskets themselves

Any questions ask away

400sforever

Thanks for all your precise measurements! I really appreciate that!
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

Bob

I installed one on my 74 and if I remember correctly there are dimples under the trunk lid that should measure out exactly.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Homerr on August 01, 2016, 10:21:11 AM
I think you mean Go Wing,

and not this:

Go-wing is 1970
Gull-wing is 1971

2 different styles

alfaitalia

Quote from: Homerr on August 01, 2016, 10:21:11 AM
I think you mean Go Wing,

and not this:

And that is Lambo or scissor doors ....this is gull wing! Aint education a wonderful thing!....happy to help!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE