News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct oil dipstick and tube

Started by Voss, July 29, 2016, 12:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

So here's the story... 68 R/T with 440 HP. Last year I installed a nice original 402 oil pan, windage tray and acorrect pickup. I am using 5 qts of oil (incl filter). When I got this car it had an 187 pan installed by the previous owner.

My problem is that the reading on the dipstick is too low. The tube and dipstick are not OEM, they are chromed and the dipstick is stamped Taiwan.  :eek2: The handle also rests on the exhaust manifold, could just bend the tube slightly to solve that, but it's not my main problem. I don't have a clue where this dipstick and tube came from but I want a correct factory setup. I guess the OEM tube wasn't chrome? Was the tube and dipstick handle painted engine color?

If someone has a pic of a correct factory tube and dipstick I would really appreciate it. It would also be interesting to see where the markings are on an OEM dipstick... I will upload a picture of what I have later today.