News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Resto has begun!!! PICS !! 69 b7 4 speed Assembly has begun!!! PICS

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 28, 2016, 10:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Great work Brian  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Is that where my(now yours) splash guards are going?

garner7555

At this rate you will be done before Christmas.   Looks awesome!   :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 17, 2016, 01:32:35 AM
Great work Brian  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Is that where my(now yours) splash guards are going?

Yep. They are already painted black.

Quote from: garner7555 on September 17, 2016, 05:39:51 AM
At this rate you will be done before Christmas.   Looks awesome!   :yesnod:

The goal is to have it painted and back at my house by February .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Laowho

Amazing. And that B7 is rich. Feel like we wanna stay w/ original B5 but will lay it over dark to inch a little into B7 territory.

Stevearino

So very strange to see this process with out a bunch of metal being cut out first. This is a super nice piece.  :yesnod:

fastmark

Quote from: Stevearino on September 17, 2016, 04:47:12 PM
So very strange to see this process with out a bunch of metal being cut out first. This is a super nice piece.  :yesnod:

It's hard to believe that most people that I talk with when I am trying to sell a car, still don't believe there are rust free cars still out there. I have a shop full of project cars in the same shape or better than this one that I sold Brian. It helps now that we can send pictures so easily. Before the Internet, I used to send out a video to a prospective buyer. It still amazes me that people won't travel to pick up a car. I am certain that Brian is glad he made the trip to pick up this Charger.  :yesnod: I bet he will save 15 k in sheet metal and labor cost over a typical rust belt car.

hemi-hampton

Yes, Buying a solid rust free car will save you lots of time & money.  :scratchchin: LEON.

Charger-Bodie

ive really grown to like that....

Quote from: fastmark on September 17, 2016, 07:22:35 PM

It's hard to believe that most people that I talk with when I am trying to sell a car, still don't believe there are rust free cars still out there. I have a shop full of project cars in the same shape or better than this one that I sold Brian. It helps now that we can send pictures so easily. Before the Internet, I used to send out a video to a prospective buyer. It still amazes me that people won't travel to pick up a car. I am certain that Brian is glad he made the trip to pick up this Charger.  :yesnod:I bet he will save 15 k in sheet metal and labor cost over a typical rust belt car.

Very happy I made the trip. Other than the 900. i spent on gas.....
Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 17, 2016, 08:27:04 PM
Yes, Buying a solid rust free car will save you lots of time & money.  :scratchchin: LEON.

Ive always said buy the best car you can afford. you will save cash on the big end.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

:popcrn:

Dino

Great color! Now all it needs is a white interior.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on September 18, 2016, 12:32:43 PM
Great color! Now all it needs is a white interior.   :yesnod:

well it needs a few other things first,but thats the direction im leaning. either white or black. Most likely white though.

Dino

Can't go wrong with either really. White would look better imo but it'll look awesome either way.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

Ive also been slowly plugging away at the dash resto.

keepat

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: keepat on September 18, 2016, 06:00:36 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 18, 2016, 05:24:10 PM
Ive also been plugging away at the dash resto.

Fixed ;-)

Lol. I kinda cheated on some of it. I bought a restored cloister and faceplate set.

hemi68charger

Schwing !!!!!  :2thumbs:

By my reaction, that = good job !!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 18, 2016, 06:41:35 PM

Schwing !!!!!  :2thumbs:

By my reaction, that = good job !!

It's the dash pads I got from you!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PlainfieldCharger

Buttons look great on the heater control. It does not look like you used the stickers on it. That 8 track player looks great too! :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Laowho

We have that radio but sans the 8 Track. We wanna record our modern digital music to 8 Track for the car. Is that radio/8 Track aftermarket by any chance?

fastmark

SLOWLY? There is nothing slow about this restoration. You'll have this done before next spring. You have to admit that the $900 you spent on fuel would only buy one Chinese quarter panel and a floor pan. Dash looks good though. My vote is white on the interior if you don't do the original blue.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Laowho on September 20, 2016, 06:44:57 AM

We have that radio but sans the 8 Track. We wanna record our modern digital music to 8 Track for the car. Is that radio/8 Track aftermarket by any chance?

Factory original am 8'track,