News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steel Wheels

Started by plumsun3, July 29, 2016, 09:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumsun3

I have a set of 15"x7" steel wheels #2944450, date coded 9/'71 
I'm trying to find fair value to sell. I know they're rare as info not out there.

1970Moparmann

Depends on condition.   Pristine ones are going for big money.    An average price is $500/$600 for one. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

plumsun3

Only a little rusty by lugs. I wired brushed original FE5 paint to verify numbers.
I'm sandblasting now and will prime seal in original grey.
Wondered if $3,000 w/ caps fair.

BLK 68 R/T

I looked on the internet and found them from $1800 to $5200 for a set for 69,70,71 date code wheels. Are they selling at $5200 a set? who knows. I think the date code will play a huge factor in price IMO. 9/71 date code would put them in line for an early build 72, which there were no 440 six pack (with the exception of the 1 or 2 cars that made it through) or hemi cars or convertibles that would use the "hemi" wheel. Again, just my opinion here, could be I'm way off, but I think if you were able to get $250-300 per wheel you would be doing good.

plumsun3

Sorry that date code should be 9/'70. My '71 build date for car was January '71. Car was decoded, A34 trak pack with G60x15" Polyglass tires.

BLK 68 R/T

Yea, that changes things a bit I would think. With a nice set of caps, all you can do is post them up for $3000 and see if you get any takers. One other thing to check is to make sure they have not been over tightened in the past and the lug holes enlarged because of it.