News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Left exhaust hanger (Under rear seat.) question?

Started by b5blue, July 22, 2016, 06:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I wanna mount the correct left hanger on my 70 Charger so I can install my rear seat soon. I can't find what attaches to it for connecting to the muffler/tailpipe so I can ditch the old parts. (Next year I'll be installing a new exhaust system.) Anyone been down this road, I rather not have to pull the seat out again next year.  :shruggy:

BLK 68 R/T

There should be a bracket that looks just like the right side one bolted to the floor pan on the left side? Then the regular muffler/tailpipe hanger attaches to it.

One of these. If you have this on the car already, you are good to go to mount your seat, if not you will want to install it before you mount your seat.

b5blue

Yea that...I have that but what goes to it on a 70 Charger?  :scratchchin:

BLK 68 R/T

BIGBLCK11

:iagree:  Yep, that is what you need.  I was looking for a link.  Just had mine off last week on my 70.  Local parts stores only list the flexible rubber strap, not the hardware.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

Hey thanks guys!  :2thumbs: Now I know what to find/fit so I can install that bracket before the seat.  :yesnod:

bbody68

Hi b5blue, you may only have one hanger mount on your car if it didn't come with a dual exhaust from the factory. You can buy the mount shown in Mopar Nut's post from TTI  and bolt it in if you don't want to weld it to the floor pan. If you look closely from inside the car you should be able to see four indents in the floor pan where the factory mount would be spot welded on if the car came with dual exhausts. Use these as a guide to locate the second mount. Cheers Brad

b5blue

Yea Brad that's what's going on. I've put off adding the 2nd bracket because the old exhaust system just keeps hanging in there.  :lol: (But later I'll need that in place for the new system.)