News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My car is almost painted!!!!!!!!!! **UPDATED**

Started by Telvis, February 18, 2006, 06:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Some of you know about all the trouble I have had getting my car painted. It's been with the new body guy since November. He called me today and said he would have the hood, fenders and trunk lid finished middle of next week. The rest of the car is about two weeks out (translation in body guy time - two months). This is the most progress I have seen in a year. I am stoked!! I might actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! :boogie:

golden73

Nice!

Be sure to post pics when its painted

Telvis

I will post pictures of me dancing for joy when it's painted!!  :icon_smile_big:  I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Troy

Quote from: Telvis on February 18, 2006, 07:17:42 PM
I will post pictures of me dancing for joy when it's painted!! :icon_smile_big: I haven't been this excited in a long time.
Please, just post pictures of the car... the last guy I saw dancing for joy on the internet got more publicity than he really wanted. :D

That's great to hear though. I'm glad someone's body man actually made progress other than Pocket Thunder's. My cars are still sitting in the same spot.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

that's great! my car is still sitting in body shop hell  :pity:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Glad to hear you are doin' better.  Wern't you bummed out a while back and considering selling?

Either way, good for you Telvis and as CF stated, show us some pics.

jaak

Cool, glad to hear that, just like everyone said, post pics.   :icon_smile_big:

Jason

Telvis

I will post them as soon as I have them. I am supposed to go get pieces from him the end of the week. The full body to follow in a couple of weeks. I would say the body will take him longer. If this guy says two weeks you can usually translate that into months. I wasnt kidding when I put that in the initial post. Things are getting done though. That's what is important. I had a very long stagnant period. I am definitely going to have to learn how to do my own bodywork eventually. It seems to be the sticking point of just about everyones project.

jaak

yeah, I'm trying to do my bodywork now, I'm going at it pretty slow, but It (the charger) is progressing instead of just sitting, like the 2 yrs it sat at a bodyshop.

Jason

41husk

Quote from: Telvis on February 18, 2006, 06:52:17 PM
Some of you know about all the trouble I have had getting my car painted. It's been with the new body guy since November. He called me today and said he would have the hood, fenders and trunk lid finished middle of next week. The rest of the car is about two weeks out (translation in body guy time - two months). This is the most progress I have seen in a year. I am stoked!! I might actually be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! :boogie:
:yesnod: :haha:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Telvis

41husk

I am very familiar with body men time and real time.  Good luck Telvis!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Telvis

Two weeks later and still no parts painted..Plenty of excuses though...The soap opera continues. :rotz:

Telvis

Well...the time frame has been longer than promised...I expected that. I went and saw my car today and it's almost ready to spray. He plans to paint on Monday. I might actually have it in a week or so. I'm so excited I don't know what to do. This just might be the light at the end of the tunnel that I have been looking for! There's a chance I might have my car home this time next week! WoooooooooooHoooooooo!

P.S. I need a windshield gasket and clip set. Who's got the best deal out there?

PlumBad70

Quote from: Telvis on April 08, 2006, 01:32:17 PM

P.S. I need a windshield gasket and clip set. Who's got the best deal out there?

Congrats! Best place is ebay i've found, I needed the same thing both sets of clips and seal.
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

73rallye440magnum

hopefully he doesnt come up with any more excuses. Can't wait to see the pics!
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Telvis

He been making steady progress over the last month or so. He's running out of stuff to do. I'm pretty confident it will be fiished within the next month maybe sooner. I'm staying on him pretty hard. Also I keep telling him I have a big wad of cash for him just waiting for him to finish. :icon_smile_big: Greed is a good motivator

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

deputycrawford

Hey telvis, what color are we expecting to see? Also, when doing your victory dance, video it wearing your speedo and nipple rings.  ;D
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

BigBlockSam

Quotewhen doing your victory dance, video it wearing your speedo and nipple rings.     

:yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Bandit4142

I just bought a '69 Charger from a guy who was tired of it sitting in a bodyshop....   Its been there for 8 years coming next month!   Sucks for him, great for me.    :devil:   In that respect, be patient (as you've been), but be persistant.  When I've been in this position before, I would begin hanging out at the bodyshop, dropping in unexpectedly to check on progress, ask questions, etc.    Most definately DON'T get in their way, just make it clear that you're really excited to see your car painted and would really like it back. 
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

Telvis

I go in every week. It's obviously still not finished. I have waited a year and a half. I can wait another week or so. It's close though. I will consider the Speedo dance...I will pass on the nipple ring. ;D