News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

transmission band adjustment. What do they do

Started by Canadian1968, July 23, 2016, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

Curious when adjusting kickdown and low reverse bands on a 727 . What will  adjustING higher or lower than the factory spec do ?

c00nhunterjoe

If they are not adjusted properly or not evenly, it will slip in low1 and reverse or bind between shifts and wear prematurely. Race adjustments are not far off from stock as far as torque and number of turns out.

Canadian1968

I set then to stock (2 turns ) I was just curious what difference would be if 3 turns or maybe only 1 ? Doing different turns on each would cause things to bind though ?

c00nhunterjoe

3 out would probably slip or flair, if not right away it would burn the bands out early. 1 turn would most likely cause binding depending on what the internal band was adjusted to.

John_Kunkel

Depending on the lever ratio, a front band 3 turns out won't cause slippage. Some newer trucks call for over 3 turns out....again, all depends on the lever ratio.

Generally speaking, the lower the lever ratio (2.9-1) the more turns out, the higher the lever ratio (5.0-1) the fewer turns out. The goal is the have the servo plunger travel about the same distance with different lever ratios.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.