News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel opinions...

Started by Bandit72, April 15, 2006, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so what wheel/tire combo do you best like on a charger?

big wheel, thin tire (hotwheels car)
4 (10.5%)
smaller rim, bit meaty tire..
34 (89.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Bandit72

just wondering...my opinion is leave the big rims and small tires to the ricer crowd...muscle cars don't look right with HUGE rims...16" is about the biggest rim i like...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Telvis

I don't like the big rims. Big meaty tires for me. :yesnod:

terrible one

Quote from: Telvis on April 15, 2006, 07:47:45 PM

:iagree: That's my take as well. No rubberband tires for me.

262chargers

I like them both, depends on the car...
My Road Runner has 22's with rubber bands up front, and N-50 15's out back...  :o
Seriously though, if the car has the "modernized" look or the old school look, and it's done well, I dig it...

rare69

dont really care for the giant wheel look on muscle cars they look great on rods but i still like the old fifteen inch look,but hey thats just me.

Silver R/T

It really depends on a car. lets take NYCMilles car for example. It looks great with any wheel/tire combo you put on there. Of course dont forget how much better car handles with low profile tires
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

IMO I think the big wheel look would be best left to the horse drawn buggies.

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Telvis on April 15, 2006, 07:47:45 PM

I'd like some opinions on tyre sizes myself.

Here in Australia, the trend has always been toward the lower profile tyres, and generally on classic cars a 60 series tyre.

Since getting myself a 71 Charger I've thought about actually going to bigger tyres. What would you all recommend ? It's an original car - a 71 Super bee - and I'd like to have that "muscle car" image.

I've got 14 inch magnums.....what tyre combo's would you recommend ?

::)
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Dodge Don

I really really really really do not like the "bling bling" look.....so Foose will never get close to my car

blackcharger

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 16, 2006, 08:13:18 AM
I really really really really do not like the "bling bling" look.....so Foose will never get close to my car

:iagree: :puke: :iamwithstupid: :puke:

OLD SCHOOL BABY!!!!!!!

Dave

Arthu®

I really like the bigger wheels. Well not only do they look good but they will have less roll in the sidewall of the tire. Which I really like. Does make it understeer or oversteer easier though. Oh well in the end it is each to each own anyways.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

rt green

i agree old school looks for an old school car
third string oil changer

Ryan

big wheels only look good on chargers if they have a fat side wall. norwaycharger (the silver 68) has it down perfect 18" rim with a 45 series tire I think it was, it looks nice. Otherwise my vote goes for the 15"ers
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

RT DAVE

My opinion is big wheels are fine as long as you do all the rest of the things to make the car perform.  For instance, don't have 20 inch rims but still have puny brakes, stock steering ratio, stock ride height, rubber bushings etc....    If you do all the things to make the car handle, sure, they're ok.  Just my opinion.  Do what you want.
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RT DAVE

Quote from: 262chargers on April 15, 2006, 11:45:40 PM
My Road Runner has 22's with rubber bands up front, and N-50 15's out back...  :o
Seriously though, if the car has the "modernized" look or the old school look, and it's done well, I dig it...

Got any pictures of that you can post?  I would like to see how that looks as I don't recall ever seeing such a large disparity between front and rear rim sizes on a street car.

TruckDriver

Quote from: blackcharger on April 16, 2006, 08:46:44 AM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 16, 2006, 08:13:18 AM

:iagree: :puke: :iamwithstupid: :puke:

OLD SCHOOL BABY!!!!!!!

Dave
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blakcharger440

Quote from: RT DAVE on April 16, 2006, 03:49:11 PM

Got any pictures of that you can post?  I would like to see how that looks as I don't recall ever seeing such a large disparity between front and rear rim sizes on a street car.

Hey RT Dave I think 262 was just being silly and only meant that as a jokey joke since he likes both the
meaty tire look and the modern performance handling and look....right 262?  ???

1fine69

i think it is all about the stance. some cars need big rims and tires cause they are big cars! but man you have to admit some cars look tooooo   tough with bigger wheels 
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

262chargers

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on April 17, 2006, 09:15:07 AM
Quote from: RT DAVE on April 16, 2006, 03:49:11 PM

Hey RT Dave I think 262 was just being silly and only meant that as a jokey joke since he likes both the
meaty tire look and the modern performance handling and look....right 262?  ???

Yes sir, you are correct.

RT DAVE

I didn't get it.   I've seen some pretty silly things before, so I wouldn't put it past some of the people on this board to outdo something I've seen before... :devil:

Mike DC

The absolute worst offense is when the rear wheels end up with less sidewall than the front.  That's the ultimate no-no.

I wouldn't go smaller than 50-series sidewalls at either end of the car.

defiance

Good middle ground, IMO.  Maybe 16" with medium-sized sidewalls. 

Brock Samson

i like a filled up wheel well. But I'd go with Bigs and littles for a straight line car.
Daytona Guys' and NYC looks ok and there might be one or two other smaller sidewall muscle cars that look pretty good,.. B bods are sooo big though. usually comes off lookin silly.

e bods can carry it better... but still..  :shruggy:

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0512phr_dodg_18_z.jpg

Nacho-RT74

Big rims make them look like a Locomotive instead a car.

I wouldn't go bigger than 16"

so I'm agree with you on that
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dkn1997

16's on mine, 18/19 on mikes.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.
RECHRGED