News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**BEWARE OF SOUTHERN MOTORS** 68 charger 440 six pack

Started by GTSilver, July 09, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: daveco on August 01, 2016, 01:07:03 AM
The car in question was clearly misrepresented.

No one disputed that fact.  To imply that it was done in a malicious or deceitful manner is nothing more than speculative gossip.  I watched the video and couldn't tell what the Narrator did or didn't know about the restoration of the car.  Maybe you can point out SPECIFICALLY what he said in the video that allowed you to know FOR A FACT that the guy was "lying" on what he said about the vehicle.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

71 SE3834V

Man this has taken a left turn!

I have not listened to the video but will comment on something that has been said was verbalized in it and what it means to me.
When someone continually uses the term "He said this, He said that" I don't consider it very valuable because I feel they are just removing themselves from responsibility. They either know it's being misrepresented and then can say 'I'm just going by what the former owner told me' or they don't want to know therefore they're not responsible for passing along the information.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

DAY CLONA

After reading this thread, I can't find any justification that the OP should get a refund, even if he was some first time buyer making an impulsive buy, rules both written and verbal stated that his deposit was non-refundable, if the salesman was as sleazy as implied, he would have gladly accepted a larger deposit from the OP, esp an overseas buyer, an offer for a returned deposit was made, and declined, regardless of any ethics involved

The OP should have researched before, not after placing a deposit, heaven help him when it's time to buy a house/business/property

G-man

Quote from: ECS on August 01, 2016, 01:09:41 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 01, 2016, 01:02:59 AM
Are you guys trying to get your post count up, there's other ways to do that.   :icon_smile_big:

Not in the least.  You'll notice that when someone gives an explanation to substantiate a comment, someone just has to start with the direct insults and jabs.  If they want to throw dynamite at me, I'll be happy to pick it up, light it and throw it back!

By the time mine hits you, the only thing being picked up and thrown is whats left of you.  :slap:

Quote from: ECS on August 01, 2016, 01:17:54 AM
Quote from: daveco on August 01, 2016, 01:07:03 AM
The car in question was clearly misrepresented.

No one disputed that fact.  To imply that it was done in a malicious or deceitful manner is nothing more than speculative gossip.  I watched the video and couldn't tell what the Narrator did or didn't know about the restoration of the car.  Maybe you can point out SPECIFICALLY what he said in the video that allowed you to know FOR A FACT that the guy was "lying" on what he said about the vehicle.

I understand what you mean by lying vs telling someone what you believed (but was incorrect). Sure, that is not lying, I agree.

The only problem with this philosophy is...

The actions of David and Leroy (if I got that right) from Southern Motors, had it truly been "but I didn't know" and thus ignorance rather than lie...

He would have offered to return the deposit based on the fact he provided wrong information (unintentionally).

"Hey I am sorry about this, I honestly thought this car had no rust or filler in it, I am just a car sales man and not a body restorer, if this vehicle is not what you had understood, would you like the deposit back, or, can we help you in some way to make up for this?".

Had he had a good, honest character, that is what would have been done. After all, he did not mean to trick him, so that is common sense to offer because that is what/who he is.

BUT INSTEAD...

He wants to keep the money and be stupid about it.

So that tells me what kind of Character he has. Disgusting!

So don't give me all the semantics crap,

Actions speak louder than words, and these actions prove the vehicle was intentionally lied about. So don't act stupid :icon_smile_angry:

ECS

Quote from: G-man on August 02, 2016, 05:10:06 AM
.........these actions prove the vehicle was intentionally lied about.

You appear to know exactly why the Man did what he did and that's all the "proof" any of us need to know.  Thanks!

Kern Dog

What is the purpose of a deposit?
Stores like Wal Mart and Home Depot have conditioned consumers into believing that no matter what happens to the products that they buy, they can return it for a refund. THIS set a dangerous precedent for any and all other businesses in the country. Jerkoffs take advantage of this policy by bringing back 10 year old stuff to get something for free. The country has lost its pride and replaced it with an entitlement mentality.
If you place a deposit on something, the seller then is supposed to remove it from being for sale. If you try to get the deposit back because you decided that you didn't want it, you are saying the following :  Even though the seller may have lost out on any other potential sale because he took it off of the market, He also must give back the money given to him on good faith.
How much would a customer bitch and complain if a deposit was made and the car was sold to someone else anyway? Even if the entire deposit was refunded, I'm sure you'd still be pissed off.
Now..... If the car was intentionally MISrepresented and a deposit was paid, (Maybe the case here?) This is different.
Not blaming the OP here. I just see too many people pile on to any thread to bash a business.

lukedukem

I agree with you on that, especially the fact that "The country has lost its pride and replaced it with an entitlement mentality."

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

ws23rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 02, 2016, 08:41:36 PM
What is the purpose of a deposit?
Stores like Wal Mart and Home Depot have conditioned consumers into believing that no matter what happens to the products that they buy, they can return it for a refund. THIS set a dangerous precedent for any and all other businesses in the country. Jerkoffs take advantage of this policy by bringing back 10 year old stuff to get something for free. The country has lost its pride and replaced it with an entitlement mentality.
If you place a deposit on something, the seller then is supposed to remove it from being for sale. If you try to get the deposit back because you decided that you didn't want it, you are saying the following :  Even though the seller may have lost out on any other potential sale because he took it off of the market, He also must give back the money given to him on good faith.
How much would a customer bitch and complain if a deposit was made and the car was sold to someone else anyway? Even if the entire deposit was refunded, I'm sure you'd still be pissed off.
Now..... If the car was intentionally MISrepresented and a deposit was paid, (Maybe the case here?) This is different.
Not blaming the OP here. I just see too many people pile on to any thread to bash a business.

I agree that many people tend to "pile on" to a thread to "bash" a business.  When they/we "pile on" they/we are adding to a pile that the -business- has created for various reasons.

Who would spend time to complain about a business that had no issues to talk about? :slap:

I see many posts on internet threads that speak highly of business. :cheers:   This is a part of why we gather here is it not?  To share what we have delt with and spread the word whether it be good or bad? -- To give the buyer as well as the seller a leg up?

This thread is about a business and how it deals with it's customers.

I for one have gathered information from here that is of value to me if I were to do business with this company. BTW I just might look in other places as well. :D

I learned as a teen all about used car sales.----I'm sure many know what "used car sales" are all about. -- But we are forever kidded and the industry thrives.

What is true today is as true as it ever was.---

------The ART of telling a lie properly is the key to getting away with fraud.------

We can debate semantics until the cows come home but telling a lie is a lie however it is told.

Kern Dog

Great points made, I do agree.   :2thumbs:

Now what happened to Myk ??? Is he still alive???

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 02, 2016, 10:30:02 PM
Great points made, I do agree.   :2thumbs:

It's hard sometimes to read between the lines and/or understand the things that really occur in a situation that we are not intimately involved with.  Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR, the following comments are in no way associated with the OP or the Company mentioned in this thread.  On a personal level, I have been "boycotted" by some, not because of my Products or Services but because I do not to cower down to those who attack my (personal) Projects.  When these people gossip to others about my Company, they can't use anything valid or Business specific to substantiate their defamatory remarks.  They have to resort to lies in order to convince others not to patron my Company.  I know this for a fact because I have been told as much by some of the People/Customers that call and share the humorous rhetoric that they have been told.  The point is that there are liars associated with Business as well as "Customers" that will resort to lies in order to facilitate their personal agenda.  Proverbs 18:17 conveys the subject matter perfectly.

G-man

Quote from: ECS on August 02, 2016, 09:12:20 AM
Quote from: G-man on August 02, 2016, 05:10:06 AM
.........these actions prove the vehicle was intentionally lied about.

You appear to know exactly why the Man did what he did and that's all the "proof" any of us need to know.  Thanks!

Are you like acting dumb or are you generally dense?

Lennard

Quote from: ECS on August 02, 2016, 11:45:59 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on August 02, 2016, 10:30:02 PM
Great points made, I do agree.   :2thumbs:

It's hard sometimes to read between the lines and/or understand the things that really occur in a situation that we are not intimately involved with.  Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR, the following comments are in no way associated with the OP or the Company mentioned in this thread.  On a personal level, I have been "boycotted" by some, not because of my Products or Services but because I do not to cower down to those who attack my (personal) Projects.  When these people gossip to others about my Company, they can't use anything valid or Business specific to substantiate their defamatory remarks.  They have to resort to lies in order to convince others not to patron my Company.  I know this for a fact because I have been told as much by some of the People/Customers that call and share the humorous rhetoric that they have been told.  The point is that there are liars associated with Business as well as "Customers" that will resort to lies in order to facilitate their personal agenda.  Proverbs 18:17 conveys the subject matter perfectly.
:horse:

ECS

Quote from: G-man on August 03, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
Are you like acting dumb or are you generally dense?

Which ever one you allows you to sleep better at night. :2thumbs:

68Charger4me

Moral of the story to me is, when your buying a car like this, and for that amount of cash, you MUST go look at the car yourself, no excuses.  There is no replacement for looking at it with your own eyeballs..

crj1968

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 68Charger4me on August 03, 2016, 06:58:08 AM
Moral of the story to me is, when your buying a car like this, and for that amount of cash, you MUST go look at the car yourself, no excuses.  There is no replacement for looking at it with your own eyeballs..

Not easy when your 5,000 miles away on other side of world. LEON.

MGBRingo

Anyone else noticed that every time ECS gets involved in a conversation it goes south? 

Happened very similar to this one a while back.

ECS

Quote from: MGBRingo on August 03, 2016, 02:46:00 PM
Anyone else noticed that every time ECS gets involved in a conversation it goes south?  

Anyone else notice how some people can't get their facts straight because they overlook the instigating remarks..........

Lennard

::) Sometimes you just need to know when to give it a rest.

ws23rt

Quote from: MGBRingo on August 03, 2016, 02:46:00 PM

Happened very similar to this one a while back.

It may be just a coincidence. ::)

This time around he was rather civil to start with and added to the conversation. :2thumbs:
No one poked him with a stick so he needed to push a bit harder to get a fight going.  ----That's what he does :shruggy:

So someone finally gave him a push.  :lol:  And he was off and running about another topic that just happens to be all about him and his image.

He will stay and -pound- his -good guy- personality into us until the thread bleeds out. :slap:

6spd68

Or we could just be adults, and not bicker over the internet?  I mean, I GUESS this is what the original topic was, but really, we're all members here; shouldn't we act like a family of sorts?  We share valuable information about our cars, and give opinions.  Surely we should be able to get along without name calling/nit picking at nothing?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ECS

Quote from: 6spd68 on August 03, 2016, 03:42:32 PM
Or we could just be adults, and not bicker over the internet?  I mean, I GUESS this is what the original topic was, but really, we're all members here; shouldn't we act like a family of sorts?  We share valuable information about our cars, and give opinions.  Surely we should be able to get along without name calling/nit picking at nothing?

I completely agree.  I guess when some individuals resort to insulting others by saying that "they have a problem" for their input about a topic, that's considered "respectful contribution" to some people around here.  :scratchchin:

alfaitalia

Anyone else thinking this thread should locked and ended now. Seems to have run out of steam regarding the opening subject and just degraded into a pissing contest....IMO or course!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ECS

Quote from: ws23rt on August 03, 2016, 03:33:54 PM
No one poked him with a stick so he needed to push a bit harder to get a fight going.

Once again, you conveniently decided to overlook the "poke"......... :lol:

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 31, 2016, 08:35:54 PM
Is this like the 4dr Cuda, real or fake?  :icon_smile_big: