News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**BEWARE OF SOUTHERN MOTORS** 68 charger 440 six pack

Started by GTSilver, July 09, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Ecs, you're not getting my point. I was talking about using the word Bondo as a universal word for body filler.
I know there are different brands but if I say Bondo, everyone knows what I'm talking about.

ECS

Quote from: Lennard on July 31, 2016, 06:53:43 PM
Ecs, you're not getting my point. I was talking about using the word Bondo as a universal word for body filler.

I understood the point.  The overall theme of this thread has been about the legality associated of the description of the work.  There are 2 different directives being expressed here.  One is the "common sense" understanding and the second is the legal aspect.  As much as we hate to admit it, the actual wording takes precedence over the interpretation.  I guess it just depends on what the meaning of "IS" is.......... LOL
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Kern Dog

No, Troy made it sound like "Bondo Free" meant that the car wasn't loaded with it. To use the word FREE means that the condition does not exist.
Rust free = ZERO rust.
Maybe some people misuse the word Bondo to describe a condition where excessive body filler was used. Don't buy that car, it has Bondo. This is ignorant.
Don't ask her out. She has had sex with men. This sounds equally stupid.
Ignorant people sometimes speak in shorthand in the effort to appear cool. Chilax. 'tude. Whatev. Late. Having dinner with the Ps, etc.
Okay....stepping down from the soapbox now.

G-man

hemi-hampton

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ECS on July 31, 2016, 05:59:51 PM
Quote from: Lennard on July 31, 2016, 03:18:01 PM
Thanks for taking the time to type that out Troy.  I thought about doing that for a second and thought... nah.
Common sense isn't common anymore.

It has nothing to do with common sense.  In this case, it boils down to being legal or illegal.  Try using "common sense" as a stance in a legal matter.  You'll be on the losing end of the equation.  
Is this like the 4dr Cuda, real or fake?   :icon_smile_big:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ECS

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 31, 2016, 08:35:54 PM
Is this like the 4dr Cuda, real or fake?   :icon_smile_big:

Not even remotely.  My belief about the topic (or project) hasn't cost anyone a penny of their money or a second of their time.  There isn't anyone that can say they have been taken advantage of because of my project.  It's certainly not my fault if someone has made a deliberate choice to let a project that doesn't affect them, dictate their behavior or emotions.    

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ECS on July 31, 2016, 09:52:41 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 31, 2016, 08:35:54 PM
Is this like the 4dr Cuda, real or fake?   :icon_smile_big:

Not even remotely.  My belief about the topic (or project) hasn't cost anyone a penny of their money or a second of their time.  There isn't anyone that can say they have been taken advantage of because of my project.  It's certainly not my fault if someone has made a deliberate choice to let a project that doesn't affect them, dictate their behavior or emotions.    
No worries, I found it fascinating or is it fantasy.   :icon_smile_big: 
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

daveco

Saying that the phrase "Bondo free" means only that no actual "Bondo" brand body filler was used or that there is no charge for the Bondo brand body filler that was used is silly.
Liars mince words, honest individuals do not.
R/Tree

ECS

ECS

Quote from: daveco on July 31, 2016, 11:58:44 PM
Liars......

Liars knowingly distort/misrepresent the truth in order to fool or mislead others.  Someone who passes along incorrect information (that has been provided to them) is only guilty of ignorantly repeating it.  There is a difference. 

crj1968

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 31, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
No, Troy made it sound like "Bondo Free" meant that the car wasn't loaded with it. To use the word FREE means that the condition does not exist.
Rust free = ZERO rust.
Maybe some people misuse the word Bondo to describe a condition where excessive body filler was used. Don't buy that car, it has Bondo. This is ignorant.
Don't ask her out. She has had sex with men. This sounds equally stupid.
Ignorant people sometimes speak in shorthand in the effort to appear cool. Chilax. 'tude. Whatev. Late. Having dinner with the Ps, etc.
Okay....stepping down from the soapbox now.

Agree- to be free of something means it doesn't exist.
I bought a guitar on ebay once. Gibson Flying V described as "mint."

It showed up scratched and dinged etc.. I complained that it was described as "mint."  The seller said "what did you expect, new?

No not new, MINT you dipface fraggle fart!
UGH

daveco

Quote from: ECS on August 01, 2016, 12:09:06 AM
Quote from: daveco on July 31, 2016, 11:58:44 PM
Liars......

Liars knowingly distort/misrepresent the truth in order to fool or mislead others.  Someone who passes along incorrect information (that has been provided to them) is only guilty of ignorantly repeating it.  There is a difference. 

You are mincing words.
R/Tree

ECS

Quote from: crj1968 on August 01, 2016, 12:11:38 AM
to be free of something means it doesn't exist.
I bought a guitar on ebay once. Gibson Flying V described as "mint."

Again, if someone is passing along information, they can't automatically be considered a "liar".  It's up to the person hearing the information, to accept the other person at their word or not.    

I know exactly how you feel when it comes to people's definitions about the condition of something.  I've had people describe things as "perfect" when they are far from it.  I doubt in most cases that they were lying about it.  With all due respect, they didn't have the same discriminating eye that I did about the subject matter.  I've had people tell me how "perfect" a restoration is only to see it first hand and find it mediocre at best.  So many different adjectives are relative in term and personal in meaning.  One Man's meat is another Man's poison!

ECS

Quote from: daveco on August 01, 2016, 12:23:16 AM
You are mincing words.

Sorry if you don't understand the actual or true definition of a "liar" or what telling a lie entails.

daveco

R/Tree

ECS

Quote from: daveco on August 01, 2016, 12:46:40 AM
You are the one with problems.

Did we just switch from talking about lying to unsubstantiated gossiping?

daveco

R/Tree

ECS

Mopar Nut

Are you guys trying to get your post count up, there's other ways to do that.   :icon_smile_big:

daveco

R/Tree

ECS

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 01, 2016, 01:02:59 AM
Are you guys trying to get your post count up, there's other ways to do that.   :icon_smile_big:

Not in the least.  You'll notice that when someone gives an explanation to substantiate a comment, someone just has to start with the direct insults and jabs.  If they want to throw dynamite at me, I'll be happy to pick it up, light it and throw it back!