News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**BEWARE OF SOUTHERN MOTORS** 68 charger 440 six pack

Started by GTSilver, July 09, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger Downunder

Quote from: GTSilver on July 27, 2016, 01:39:32 PM
Well I decided not to take my review although yes doing so I have lost my deposit but I wouldn't want any unknowledgeable future owner as I am one of them without this forum to make a a big financial mistake. Also I have filed a BBB report based on your recommendation and also both Facebook and Yelp.

I found another charger located in Chicago just negotiating with the owner and to inspect it and I'll share it here for your input as it had saved me loads of money.

Thanks again for everyone and I'm grateful to be a member of this forum.

Yousif

I appreciate your decision not taking the lure, good to see someone not thinking about themselves and looking out for others, :2thumbs:
[/quote]

GTSilver

Quote from: charger Downunder on July 27, 2016, 04:46:36 PM
Well I decided not to take my review although yes doing so I have lost my deposit but I wouldn't want any unknowledgeable future owner as I am one of them without this forum to make a a big financial mistake. Also I have filed a BBB report based on your recommendation and also both Facebook and Yelp.

I found another charger located in Chicago just negotiating with the owner and to inspect it and I'll share it here for your input as it had saved me loads of money.

Yousif

I appreciate your decision not taking the lure, good to see someone not thinking about themselves and looking out for others, :2thumbs:

Thanks and I'm pretty sure most if not all of the guys in this forum or any mopar guy/gal would do the same as I did. These cars arent cheap and by getting to know them more and more parts arent cheap either and no one would like to be in a position to spend a large amount to fix an already expensive car.

TPR

Yousif

It's a shame you had to lose your deposit, but you've done a good thing. The more negative feedback about these deceptive people the better.
I was hoping that you'd oblige long enough to get your money back and then post the truth for all to see.
Good luck with your new lead.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

G-man

There is just one drawback to loaing a deposit over a review...

You guranteed you lost $5000.

There is no gurantee your review is gonna stop anything. They will stay in business, they will keep selling the cars. Maybe not to the one guy that read the review and believes it, but to someone else.

In which case you lost 5k for nothing.

1970Moparmann

I sure hope it wasn't $5,000.   For sure I would call a lawyer then.....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Johnnymopar

I no longer look at Southern Motors ads.  Safe to say I will not buy a car there. 

1970Moparmann

In the last few days, I posted my pictures and feedback on the Facebook "review".   Oddly enough, this morning I can't locate the reviews anymore.

Southern Motors

Yousif you know as well as I do you are now just flat out telling lies. #1 You were informed immediately that your $500.00 deposit was non-refundable right up front. Matter of fact, you wanted to leave me a larger deposit and I refused it. My policies are also clearly stated on our website in the policies section. #2 Nobody ever told you this was a perfect car. This is a beautiful Charger and I am proud to own it. #3 That car was posted on Ebay prior to you ever putting a deposit on the car. It was posted July 6 and you put the deposit on it July 8th.  I did leave it up for a couple days until we started  getting some higher bids because I figured I might as well get some advertising out of it since it cost me $90.00 for the ad.
People like you is the reason that I have a non-refundable deposit policy.   You basically want to tie up a car so I can't sell it while you get everyone's opinion.  As for the inspection, I do get frustrated with these guys but I totally understand "what" & "why" they  have to do what they do.  Some companies are better than others but some basically send out a "generic" opinion on a car and basically pick the car apart and I understand because I have spoke to a couple of these guys and when you're dealing with the "public" if they miss absolutely anything they get sued. 
As for everyone else on here bashing me and my company.  I am right up front about everything I know about a car.  I do not restore cars, I buy them and sell them.  I only buy nice cars that I would personally drive.   I don't know every little detail about every car.  That '68 Charger is not perfect but it is a great car and I love it.  You guys telling people I probably paid $20-$30k for the car...it was advertised in Traverse City Michigan for 1 Day at $48,900.00.  I drove up and by the time I got there (Pete) had 2 other guys phone numbers trying to buy the car (he wasn't lying because as soon as I advertised it one of them called me and was actually shocked I wasn't asking more for the car).  You guys are making such a big deal on the those lower seems...I can't tell you why Pete's body guy filled them but he did...but I'm not going to pass on a beautiful 68' Charger because of someone eliminating body seems.  Pete was proud of this car and he should be.  He put a ton of time, effort and money in this car and I know what it takes for people to make a car look like this.
The gold 69' Charger someone said I probably paid $15k for...anyone who was just at the Chryslers Nationals would have seen the car there....Harry was asking $49,900.00 for the car (I am asking $46,900).  Beautiful car and Harry just can't believe I am not asking in the $50's for it.
To Mike Weyrich talking about how I ripped him off...PLEASE TELL PEOPLE THE WHOLE TRUTH!  I bought that 68' Coronet Convertible from a local guy names Miles.  Good car but the paint was old and checked.  I sent it out to a local paint shop and I don't remember the figure because this goes back to 2005 but it was a lot and I got "hosed".  They just did not put a good paint job on the car which is part of the reason I do not restore these things.  Yet, when you called on the car...I ABSOLUTELY TOLD YOU THAT!  You then drove from Illinois to my shop and your only complaint about the car was the paint which I told you right up front about.  You had the car a couple months and then called me wanted a refund because "for what you paid for the car the paint should have been nice".   That is why the BBB threw your complaint out!
As for the "keyboard warriors" who can buy all these '68-'69 Chargers for $20-$30K YOU ARE HIRED!...I will take everyone you can get and with what you guys can buy them for...I can pay you $10-$20-$30K more per car so you can quit your day jobs.  I will be waiting by my phone.     

70 sublime

Quote from: Southern Motors on July 29, 2016, 07:38:30 AM
Yousif you know as well as I do you are now just flat out telling lies. #1 You were informed immediately that your $500.00 deposit was non-refundable right up front. Matter of fact, you wanted to leave me a larger deposit and I refused it. My policies are also clearly stated on our website in the policies section. #2 Nobody ever told you this was a perfect car. This is a beautiful Charger and I am proud to own it. #3 That car was posted on Ebay prior to you ever putting a deposit on the car. It was posted July 6 and you put the deposit on it July 8th.  I did leave it up for a couple days until we started  getting some higher bids because I figured I might as well get some advertising out of it since it cost me $90.00 for the ad.
People like you is the reason that I have a non-refundable deposit policy.   You basically want to tie up a car so I can't sell it while you get everyone's opinion.  As for the inspection, I do get frustrated with these guys but I totally understand "what" & "why" they  have to do what they do.  Some companies are better than others but some basically send out a "generic" opinion on a car and basically pick the car apart and I understand because I have spoke to a couple of these guys and when you're dealing with the "public" if they miss absolutely anything they get sued. 
As for everyone else on here bashing me and my company.  I am right up front about everything I know about a car.  I do not restore cars, I buy them and sell them.  I only buy nice cars that I would personally drive.   I don't know every little detail about every car.  That '68 Charger is not perfect but it is a great car and I love it.  You guys telling people I probably paid $20-$30k for the car...it was advertised in Traverse City Michigan for 1 Day at $48,900.00.  I drove up and by the time I got there (Pete) had 2 other guys phone numbers trying to buy the car (he wasn't lying because as soon as I advertised it one of them called me and was actually shocked I wasn't asking more for the car).  You guys are making such a big deal on the those lower seems...I can't tell you why Pete's body guy filled them but he did...but I'm not going to pass on a beautiful 68' Charger because of someone eliminating body seems.  Pete was proud of this car and he should be.  He put a ton of time, effort and money in this car and I know what it takes for people to make a car look like this.
The gold 69' Charger someone said I probably paid $15k for...anyone who was just at the Chryslers Nationals would have seen the car there....Harry was asking $49,900.00 for the car (I am asking $46,900).  Beautiful car and Harry just can't believe I am not asking in the $50's for it.
To Mike Weyrich talking about how I ripped him off...PLEASE TELL PEOPLE THE WHOLE TRUTH!  I bought that 68' Coronet Convertible from a local guy names Miles.  Good car but the paint was old and checked.  I sent it out to a local paint shop and I don't remember the figure because this goes back to 2005 but it was a lot and I got "hosed".  They just did not put a good paint job on the car which is part of the reason I do not restore these things.  Yet, when you called on the car...I ABSOLUTELY TOLD YOU THAT!  You then drove from Illinois to my shop and your only complaint about the car was the paint which I told you right up front about.  You had the car a couple months and then called me wanted a refund because "for what you paid for the car the paint should have been nice".   That is why the BBB threw your complaint out!
As for the "keyboard warriors" who can buy all these '68-'69 Chargers for $20-$30K YOU ARE HIRED!...I will take everyone you can get and with what you guys can buy them for...I can pay you $10-$20-$30K more per car so you can quit your day jobs.  I will be waiting by my phone.     

just to save it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

1970Moparmann

You can spin this all you want.  Facts are facts.   If you post is correct, you wouldn't have advertised the car the way you did, with the documents that you provided.   SOUTHERN MOTORS PROVIDED THESE DOCUMENTS.   

Like I said, every time I have seen a post of someone asking for feedback on one of your cars, I share my experience to help out that person.  Each time they have went another direction instead of pursuing.  My hope is they do the same.... 

It's business practices like yours that need to have consequences.   Not saying that all your cars are the same, but you handled the situation very poorly and unprofessional.   I have to dig the response you gave the BBB, because it was icing on the cake on how poorly your customer service was.  At the time, even a small check back would have straightened out the situation.  Based on the facts, I have received more satisfaction by turning people away from your business so they don't get screwed.   

I'm sure you read this whole post, based on the pictures and feedback from Charger experts, your mis-representing the 68 Charger also.   If you are denying this, this just takes your professionalism to another low.

Your a class act.   I like how you put the reviews as "hidden" so you can try and back peddle your way out of these negative situations.

G-man

Southern Motors guy...

Your customer was informed it was a non refundable deposit FOR a car with no bondo or rust.

The car you provided is not what the non refundable deposit was for.

If you wanna sit there saying misaligned panels, brown rust spots showing through the paint is NOT rust... then you got some serious hangups and a professional counseler would be in order.

Just give the guy his money back. It is not your money in the first place. The guy is not trying to get your money for wasting his time, hes just after his own money and you are fighting over what is not yours to begin with.

What the hells wrong with you?

lukedukem

Quote from: GTSilver on July 13, 2016, 04:05:51 PM
Well I just got my inspection that I requested for the charger. You guys were correct the car has bondo in a couple of places, right and left fender edges, pinch seams of doors, rockers and quarters. It has been in an accident previously. Some rust inside the trunk. There was cross-contamination coolant in the oil. Bondo in the wheel wells. Rear bumper mis-aligned. This is all based on the inspection report I received.

Thanks
Yousif

Maybe the dealer needs to inspect these cars better before trying to flip them. if what the inspector says is true.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Polygon

QuoteYes that's me, I put a deposit down so I can get the car inspected and if it goes through get it.
So, point #1, did Southern  REQUIRE a deposit before you could look or inspect it? My take, (And again, not everyone is me) is if they REQUIRE a deposit to look at it, pass on it. There will always be another one down the pike.
#2, asking HERE (in this thread), is the best policy. We all pointed out the corner seams.
And #3
QuoteI found another charger located in Chicago just negotiating with the owner and to inspect it and I'll share it here for your input
Now you are on the right track. Write off the $500 as a lesson learned. 
Ok, don't shoot me but let me say a few words here.. Patience is the key. Now here is my thought. When I put my "Dodge Charger wanted ad" out there, I got THREE people e-mailing me their cars wanting to sell. These were VERY VERY nice cars.  (I wish I had more cash and more garage space!!!)
I just got an e-mail the other day for a semi nice 69, for 30K. Guess they still read the old ad?
So, take your time, and ask all the questions here, post pictures. You will find your dream car, Yousif
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

AKcharger

Welcome Southern MotorsĀ®!!

Guys guys, let him plead his case...at the very least it will make for a more interesting thread  :popcrn:

68X426

Used car salesmen . . . . .  :rotz:

Just give him his money back you knucklehead.  :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Lennard

Quote from: 68X426 on July 29, 2016, 10:42:33 AM

Used car salesmen . . . . .  :rotz:
Just give him his money back you knucklehead.  :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
They are scavengers. I thought that everybody knew that.

cbrestorations

i do know of 1 honest classic car dealership. its here in las vegas and its my buddies uncles dealership. he tells it like it is and its funny, but people appreciate the honesty. he hardly ever gets mopars

hemi-hampton

Southern Motors. So, your saying you would of given me $40k for my Charger I was selling for $30k? If your selling the car on Ebay then you should not of even took a Deposit until after Auction Ends & if it did not sell. Tell Yousif to bid in Auction or wait till after Auction ends & will negoitate after Auction if it does not sell. Why take deposit during Auction having no idea if it will sell or meet reserve & who will get high bid. What if it Reserve met  :shruggy: :scratchchin:& did sell but not to Yousif, you still keep his deposit?

GTSilver

1- Yes I was informed and for the millionth time if you had read what I already stated why agreed to that was based on the info you provided and in the ad and video. Also yes I want to leave a larger deposit for 1 reason which was when I contacted you on a Friday and you told me to hold the car for a week I told you in my case it won't be possible as I live half way across the world and our weekends are Friday and Saturday so no banks and plus inspection will be done on Monday -Tuesday as it won't before that due to your weekend and for the report to be done it'll take a couple of days and I explained that clearly to both you and Leeroy as when I receive the inspection it'll by the next Thursday after I called for the car and placed a deposit and by that time with our weekend you won't get your money. That's why you had signed on the purchase agreement and extension of a couple of days and no need for a larger deposit. So stop with lies you are the one getting effected by it not me with this review  2- Again stop with the lies take a look at the video it clearly states no bondo whatsoever and no rust and frame off restoration. FYI a charger is a uni body can't be frame off it should be rotisserie restoration surprising from a guy that has been selling mopars chevy and all other muscle cars. 3- What higher bids you are taking about I followed it and it never reached above $36K. Also $90 for advertising, you got a better deal for advertising right now from my deposit.  Last thing I deal with men that are straight and honest if you had told me that the car isn't in this condition or even maybe you didn't know and was suprised by the inspection and apologise and changed your ad accordingly or even if you had doubts of my inspection you could inspect it and see what it is. But starting calling names about the inspector and company and "you paid a non refundable deposit " again and again you wouldn't be in this mess right. Don't try to prove your innocence with that family business my dad build etc I'm a bad customer guy, whoever is going to read the reviews will know what type of dealership Southern motors are. And I'll tell one thing even not knowing your dad he would have acted differently than this for the reason that you had false information both in the ad and video of the car which showed otherwise.

Mopar Nut

Yousif you know as well as I do you are now just flat out telling lies. #1 You were informed immediately that your $500.00 deposit was non-refundable right up front.

I did leave it up for a couple days until we started  getting some higher bids because I figured I might as well get some advertising out of it since it cost me $90.00 for the ad.

:yesnod: Do the right thing and just give him his money back, but keep the $90 for the eBay ad unless it sold.   :2thumbs:

It's win win for you both!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

daveco

Southern Motors, maybe you could do well by hiring someone to inspect cars before YOU buy them.
R/Tree

ECS

Quote from: GTSilver on July 29, 2016, 02:00:38 PM
......take a look at the video it clearly states no bondo whatsoever and no rust and frame off restoration......

If you listen to what's actually said, at 21 seconds into the video, the Narrator says that he got the car from a "Super Guy" in "Northern Michigan".  He refers to the "Super Guy" as "He" throughout the rest of video.  At 3:33 in the video the Narrator states that "He said there is no bond anywhere in this car".  It appears that the Narrator was simply relaying the information he was told from the "Super Guy" that he had bought it from.  
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!