News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**BEWARE OF SOUTHERN MOTORS** 68 charger 440 six pack

Started by GTSilver, July 09, 2016, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Here it is prior to stripping.   The pictures don't show the "questionable" issues that my friend Jon and I saw.   The car didn't look bad though.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 22, 2016, 09:08:07 PM
Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on July 22, 2016, 06:40:36 PM
Mike is your RT vert a factory LL1 turquoise car?
Carsten

It is!   Here is a picture of it after the body work and paint -

This car is just incredible!! :2thumbs: And a vert too!

6pkrtse

Sorry to hear about everyone's mis-fotunes dealing with them. I live in the area & have always visited them frequently to see what their latest inventory is. To my knowledge they are just flippers they don't do any of the paint & body work. They just buy cars & flip them for more & offer financing which is where they make there money. So honestly I don't think they know what is really under the paint. They just pass them off on to the next unsuspected buyer usually out of state. I have never purchased a car from them nor would I as they are all always way over priced for what they are.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

taxspeaker

What about RK Motors in North Carolina-anyone have any dealings with them good or bad?

hemigeno

Quote from: taxspeaker on July 25, 2016, 02:46:13 PM
What about RK Motors in North Carolina-anyone have any dealings with them good or bad?

Check in with DC.com member pettybird / Doug C.

68X426

Not good.

They will not share the VIN or fender tag with a buyer until the car is sold.  Makes it impossible to research a car when they claim a special history and special pedigree.

I assume they believe buyers don't care  --  or  --  they have perfect knowledge and perfect integrity.  :o

You gotta take their word that they know the car's history.  :brickwall:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

G-man

Quote from: 68X426 on July 25, 2016, 05:02:27 PM

Not good.

They will not share the VIN or fender tag with a buyer until the car is sold.  Makes it impossible to research a car when they claim a special history and special pedigree.

I assume they believe buyers don't care  --  or  --  they have perfect knowledge and perfect integrity.  :o

You gotta take their word that they know the car's history.  :brickwall:

Minus that part... if the car is just a normal 440 (Nothing special/historic) type of vehicle... they do provide top quality cars in terms of body, paint, mechanically no?

Since people asking about what other companies are like, I wonder what Vanguard Motor Sales is like. They seem to always be counselling people on what to look out for, the mistakes people make buying online, their cars they show you on a hoist and everything.

I assume they provide top quality cars... but prices are huge. Pretty sure you can get away with 20k less for the same thing (close enough to same) on your own.

oldcarnut

I'll add two experiences I had in selling cars to dealers.  I had a 69 Coronet RT 440 auto converted to a 4spd.  I listed the car on eBay and gave as honest description I could and probably over did it but I didn't want anyone to have any surprises.  Wasn't really that much bad on it but what there was I made sure it was noted. A dealer up in Massachusetts bought from me for $19.5 k after cryind and poor mouthing to no end.  Fast forward after a month and a half, there was my car on eBay by the dealership.  Interior was changed tan to black and a 6pak added.  The listing was very deceiving and some outright lies. He sold to somebody for $34k.  I feel sorry for the new owner when he finds out how much his add was bs.  2nd car was a 70 Chally 318  RT clone.  Same deal on my ebay add post mentioning all I could and show and answering questions.  I kept a nice 440 out of it and had put in a used 400 from a late 70 Chrysler Newport to substitute since it was origally a 318 to begin with. Sold it to a Classic car dealership in Texas who in his add stated it was an RT with a 440 and deceptive photos again. Sold it for 8k more with no additional work but lies and deception.  I won't buy anything from a dealer just based on my sale experience and it sounds like many are just like them.

69wannabe

Just don't rush into anything!! There are nice chargers out there for sale a decent prices. Just have to be patient and keep looking and one will come up that you will enjoy for a long time. My buddy sold his black 68 R/T clone for around 36 to 37,000 I think and it was very nice!! Had a stroked 440 with the 727 and it was half backed and and had coil over's and ladder bar rear suspension. It had no rust and very little body filler but it ran and drove regularly and was just a good old car. It still needed a few thing's fixed like a couple of the gauges didn't work and other small details but all and all a solid car with a good drive train and easy on the eye's!!! You shouldn't have to pay 50 grand for a good charger, like these guy's are saying around 35 to 40 should get you a nice one. It may not be perfect but it will be nice either way.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 6pkrtse on July 25, 2016, 07:18:26 AM
Sorry to hear about everyone's mis-fotunes dealing with them. I live in the area & have always visited them frequently to see what their latest inventory is. To my knowledge they are just flippers they don't do any of the paint & body work. They just buy cars & flip them for more & offer financing which is where they make there money. So honestly I don't think they know what is really under the paint. They just pass them off on to the next unsuspected buyer usually out of state. I have never purchased a car from them nor would I as they are all always way over priced for what they are.

Mine was painted by a shop that they used.   I asked for a receipt, and it was a basic piece of paper that said "Painted car for $...".   I'll have to find it and scan it.   

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 25, 2016, 10:52:00 PM
Quote from: 6pkrtse on July 25, 2016, 07:18:26 AM

Mine was painted by a shop that they used.   I asked for a receipt, and it was a basic piece of paper that said "Painted car for $...".   I'll have to find it and scan it.   

Yeah, I'd like to see that. LEON.

ECS

Quote from: hemigeno on July 25, 2016, 04:34:56 PM
Check in with .......

It is indeed sad some of the public information out there concerning Business and/or people who attempt to cheat others.

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

1970Moparmann

I not only found the receipt for the paint, I just found the appraisal that they provided - a "1" (Excellent) for paint...

And the generic paint receipt -

PlainfieldCharger

:o   Boy that paint receipt doesn't tell you much about the job they did. What kind of paint. The Panels that were replaced or repaired.... :P

Lennard

alfaitalia

Call that an appraisal? Lol. That's a joke.... If you get a proper appraisal done here you would get pages and pages of text as the report. I had one done once on a BMW I could not get to see....tons of detail. I remember it even told me the number if elements in the rear screen heater that worked and manufacture dates of the tires!.....amongst loads of other things. It was about six or seven pages of typed text. That's a vehicle report...not some lame 1-5 scoring system on a handful of items!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

RIDELIKEHELL

I didn't know that you bought that car there Mike  :flame: I wondered who had a "SALE PENDING" on that 68 6pk....Makes me wonder what my car is worth in US$  :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

hemi-hampton

Seems like lots of shops in Detroit area give you that type of receipt. Cars Coast to Coast? Never heard of them. Probably done in somebody's garage or some run down building with no name on it. :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on July 26, 2016, 07:29:55 AM
:o   Boy that paint receipt doesn't tell you much about the job they did. What kind of paint. The Panels that were replaced or repaired.... :P

Panels were not replaced, the rust holes were repaired with Bondo. :brickwall:

SuperJim

Wow... ALL very interesting, and very helpful. Great community you have here.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Brock Lee

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 26, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Call that an appraisal? Lol. That's a joke.... If you get a proper appraisal done here you would get pages and pages of text as the report. I had one done once on a BMW I could not get to see....tons of detail. I remember it even told me the number if elements in the rear screen heater that worked and manufacture dates of the tires!.....amongst loads of other things. It was about six or seven pages of typed text. That's a vehicle report...not some lame 1-5 scoring system on a handful of items!

Yeah, I had one done about 10 years ago. It is about 20 pages with photos they took of my car. It details all sorts of stuff, visible part numbers, date codes, condition of parts and sub assemblies, correctness of paints and platings..it is so detailed I often grab it when I need to figure out what I used before going out to actually look at the car. It is that in depth. It is like having a guide to your own car.

polywideblock

last appraisal I got done was 20 pages with a description of EVERY aspect of car panel by panel ,a section at a time
with  more than 100   accompanying photo's  :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

71 SE3834V

Holy smokes! I didn't realize we were talking about an outfit in my backyard! Well about an hour from me. I woulda run up there for an unbias opinion.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

GTSilver

Well I decided not to take my review although yes doing so I have lost my deposit but I wouldn't want any unknowledgeable future owner as I am one of them without this forum to make a a big financial mistake. Also I have filed a BBB report based on your recommendation and also both Facebook and Yelp.

I found another charger located in Chicago just negotiating with the owner and to inspect it and I'll share it here for your input as it had saved me loads of money.

Thanks again for everyone and I'm grateful to be a member of this forum.

Yousif

hemi-hampton