News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Racing Torq Thrust enquiry.

Started by spoon, July 08, 2016, 12:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoon

Gentlemen, I recently bought a '73 Charger with these wheels....but I'm not sure of the version.

Torq Thrust II? Valve seems to be in the wrong location, judging on pics displayed on the current website. http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/4604/torq-thrust

Fronts are 15" x 7", rears are 15' x 8.5". Rear wheel backspace is 4". The sticker on the rear of the center cap indicates these are circa 1999.

This car was purchased out of a collection, and was clearly used for display only. The rear tires are 275/60 -15 and they scrub on the smallest bump!!

Thanks in advance.

spoon

Near new tires are from May 1999 too!!

Got some TA's that I'll probably replace these with.

b5blue

They are D's, nice look!  :2thumbs: Can't decide between the 2 myself for my 70.

spoon

Quote from: funknut on July 08, 2016, 08:57:32 AM

Could also be the Torq Thrust Original:

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel/8841/vn309-torq-thrust-original

funknut, you're right....they're Originals.

I was off track as the rears have two steps down to the lip, but that's because the rims are so wide......the front only has the one step to the lip as displayed on the website.

The Originals have the lugnuts very close to the center cap, I had to actually remove the cap to get a socket onto them. There is also a slight difference to the centre of the rim, the Original is very round, while the D is almost pentagon shaped.

Nice work gents, mystery solved!!

I do recommend these rims, but I'd suggest a better offset and a narrower tire than a 275 on the rear :)

john108

Where do the tires scrub and do you recommend to increase the back spacing or decrease it?

spoon

They rub at the top.

These probably need to be 8" with 255's. I'll find out soon enough.

Be interested to learn what people have been able to get onto the rear...