News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update from 1970 Charger

Started by tommyhr, August 09, 2016, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

Quote from: tommyhr on August 09, 2016, 08:17:39 PM
My relative has had this sitting in a garage for 5 years now and is busy restoring a corvette, he offered it up and I took it, he didn't want a dime for it but I gave him about 5000. It came with at least 5000 dollars worth of new parts. I am going to post pictures of all the new stuff that came with it to try and sort it all out and figure out what to do.

You've got a hell of a lot luckier than most on here  :cheers:

Even at 5000$ invested, you've got an AMAZING start.  Best of luck with your project  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

tommyhr

Sorry Leon I will try to get a picture of the fender tag if there is one just have yet to find any time to do it. Thanks for the help guys, can't wait to see where this project goes from here

crj1968

Quote from: tommyhr on August 10, 2016, 09:33:36 AM
Sorry Leon I will try to get a picture of the fender tag if there is one just have yet to find any time to do it. Thanks for the help guys, can't wait to see where this project goes from here

I can see where it's going.   :icon_smile_big:

hemi-hampton

Fender tag is under hood on top of drivers side inner Fender near Battery. It will tell you/us alot about your car. Take a look. LEON.

ACUDANUT

30 Years ago I bought my 70 Charger with a complete 68 interior (dash too). I did not know the difference back then.  We did not have the internet.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Oh well, I still love my Charger.  :cheers:

dual fours

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 10, 2016, 11:33:36 AM

Fender tag in under hood on top of drivers side inner Fender near Battery. It will tell you/us alot about your car. Take a look. LEON.
I can not see a fender tag where it should be in his engine bay picture. :scope:
I guess the rear seat is out of the car by the pictures he's posted and no Broadcast sheet in the spring works.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

tommyhr

No fender tag, but I have half a broadcast sheet (rest was eaten by a mouse)

Dodge Don

Quote from: tommyhr on August 10, 2016, 09:34:15 PM
No fender tag, but I have half a broadcast sheet (rest was eaten by a mouse)

Send me a scan of the broadcast sheet please.

Dodgedon@1970chargerregistry.com

:2thumbs:

tommyhr

I added a picture to my link, no scanner. Can send some better pics later though

dual fours

Quote from: tommyhr on August 10, 2016, 09:56:26 PM
I added a picture to my link, no scanner. Can send some better pics later though

Now were getting somewhere :2thumbs:. :woohoo:
Are those numbers behind the XP29NOG ? ? ? ? ? ? ? on that Broadcast sheet the same numbers that are on the dash VIN tag? :popcrn:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

tommyhr

Yes they're the same as the dash vin

hemi-hampton

Bummer, that's not even 1/4 of a broadcast sheet. I was curious if it was a real FC7 car? LEON.

dual fours

Quote from: tommyhr on August 10, 2016, 11:31:52 PM
Yes they're the same as the dash vin
Good and you mentioned that the VIN dash tag looks like it match's the number on the Radiator support frame, BUT how about the trunk lip (drivers side mostly closer to the rearward corner under the rubber trunk and body seal) you have to lift/tear loose the seal maybe 8" till you find it. We will not get in to the numbers on the motor or transmission yet. Wouldn't that be something if you had a numbers matching car.  :o

The best I make out of that Broadcast sheet is...
Line 1, Build/Production date (626) June 26, 1970. :popcrn:
Line 2, Trim code (CR XA) Charcoal Black Leather, only available with (A47) SE option, UDF Color (TX9) black, (D53) 8.75 rear w/ 3.23:1 ratio.
Line 3, (355) automatic on the floor, (TT) wood grain steering wheel also a (A47) SE option.

Plus these other listings... (E63) 383, (43) four bbl. Holley and ECS (California car), (D32) 727automatic transmission.

Dame mice :smash:

Look for two tool marks on the trunk lip edge, drivers side (the pictures below only shows one by the way), now clean the paint off and look for the VIN numbers between the marks if present, on the upper flat where the rubber seal was glued down.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

charger chris

Places where you find more bluildsheets under carpet, in the head liner, up in dash, back seat, some time in front seat that's where I have found them. That's a nice car. it's a little confused on it age :smilielol:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

tommyhr

I found the Vin in the trunk and it matches, I'll post all the veins I've found to the link

ACUDANUT

crj1968

tommyhr

Yeah supposed to be Vins keeps going to veins for some reason

Kern Dog

Mine was woven into the springs of the back seat.
Funny thing....In 1969 when Dodge sent the XX Chargers to Creative Industries to be converted to Daytona cars, the rear seats were just pulled and tossed in a pile. For reassembly, they just grabbed whatever color seat matched the interior. Nobody knew or cared that the right car would get the exact seat it was built with. Years later, many found NON matching build sheets in their cars!